Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'll probably get one in May or June, if it's out by then. I'll keep my 700wx for a couple of weeks, just to make sure I don't have regrets, but then I'll sell whichever device I don't want to keep. I'll be out of contract in May, so hopefully, I can negotiate a good deal, even though Sprint's retentions department isn't that lenient anymore. I'd probably just go ahead and pay upgrade price if I have to, though. Should be around $300-350.
    I'm with you. 15 days with the 6800 proved to me that it was not the handset I needed (coming from a 6700 with a nearly-WM6 hacked ROM). What were they thinking when they dropped in that limited RAM? Plus the handset felt light weight and cheap. The day I had to SR five times to get a single call out did it for me.

I will be jumping on the 800 the day it is released UNLESS VZW manages to screw it up totally. What can they be waiting for? They've had plenty of time to test the handset which makes me fear that something foul is afoot.

Hope I'm wrong.

RMD

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    Well, after waiting a full year for Verizon to come out with the XV6800, finally buying it in December, and returning it 3 weeks later, I believe the 800 is the only phone I can see myself upgrading to. While the 6800 was powerful, it sucked as a one handed device and that's what I need most. I use my treo as a phone first and as an email device second. It does both fairly well.

The only issue for me is I have the 700w so ram is very low but it still works.

I also believe part of my success with the device is I do a soft reset every morning after taking it off the charger. Second part of my success is that I got the Seido 2400 battery. I can get a full day and then some out of it with exchange push going all day.

I anxiously await the arrival of the 800 on Verizon.

Fred
  3.    #43  
    Its funny, I am the author of this thread and could not wait for the 800 release any longer. Jumped ship to the Mogul. With the release of new ROM 3.35, the device is really awesome. WiFi, GPS, Big key keyboard, huge screen and best of all Revision A speeds (I get over 1000kb/sec. at my house. Just added an extended battery and door (2400 mah) which lasts twice as long as the stocker. Palm really shot themselves in the foot by keep pushing the release back. In a few months people have upgraded to other devices (Mogul, Q9C, Touch, etc.) and forgot about Palm. Im sure when its finally released it will be great. However for me Im not changing. Its going to need something that really pops in order for me to change. From the pictures I've seen I doubt the pop factor is going to do it. So here we are still waiting and waiting and waiting......................
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Its funny, I am the author of this thread and could not wait for the 800 release any longer. Jumped ship to the Mogul. With the release of new ROM 3.35, the device is really awesome. WiFi, GPS, Big key keyboard, huge screen and best of all Revision A speeds (I get over 1000kb/sec. at my house. Just added an extended battery and door (2400 mah) which lasts twice as long as the stocker. Palm really shot themselves in the foot by keep pushing the release back. In a few months people have upgraded to other devices (Mogul, Q9C, Touch, etc.) and forgot about Palm. Im sure when its finally released it will be great. However for me Im not changing. Its going to need something that really pops in order for me to change. From the pictures I've seen I doubt the pop factor is going to do it. So here we are still waiting and waiting and waiting......................
    Yeah, but you are with Sprint . . . I had the VZW handset with the initial stock ROM - a dog by any other name. Lots of hacked ROM's available for both carriers' 6800's but I simply don't have the time to take that path. And then there is the RAM issue - 64 Mb - What were they thinking??

We'll see if and when VZW releases a ROM update. That MIGHT make it worth leaving my 6700 behind.

Thanks,

RMD
    I plan on waiting until at least the 800 release. I love my WX, and can't complain at this point. Upon release of the 800 though I will check on usage reports, and compare with other devices (the mogul mentioned earler) and see what works. I love Palm, but by the time the 800 comes out, the lure of a larger screen, and GPS will really have me looking!!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123