Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I'll wait until they release the final version aka maintenance release 1
    Me, me, me!!!!

I love my WM6 750 (AT&T), in all it's glory, but the 800w just looks and sounds (specs) BADA$$.

i flipped to a samsung sch-i760 for a couple of weeks, looking for a better device but just came back to the 750. Lot's of power in it though

i realize that i can't stand slider KB's, no matter how much i try to force myself onto one.
    oh...and this guy said:

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I may have caulk, on my (his) hands.
    i just thought that was funny
  4.    #24  
    Yeah, hysterical stuff.

Oh and I won't ne one of those guys that wears a BT headset all day. So lame. I only use it in the car on occasion.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Hey I am one of those guys that was assemilated by the Bluetooth Borg long ago.

Regards
    graylion
    yeah I only use the BT headset when needed too, not necessarily all them time.

definitely while driving though. I absolutley cannot stand holding the phone to my ear when driving.
    Heck, I'm moving from T650 to 800! I'm getting sick of FrankenGarnet with the constant crashes. I think its time to "reboot" and start from scratch. Even if that means buying new software for Windows Mobile!
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    count me in from my 755p. i want rev-A.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    count me in from my 755p. i want rev-A.
    software support has been a big issue with me

the square screen just doesnt cut it anymore; and an even larger square screen may be even worse with that said; theres still hope for the 800w and me.

That is if it comes our around april; if not I may end up going with a touch (or maybe check out any other smartphone they release before then)
    getting tired of my 700p and I need a new phone upgrade anyways.
    Well, after waiting a full year for Verizon to come out with the XV6800, finally buying it in December, and returning it 3 weeks later, I believe the 800 is the only phone I can see myself upgrading to. While the 6800 was powerful, it sucked as a one handed device and that's what I need most. I use my treo as a phone first and as an email device second. It does both fairly well.

The only issue for me is I have the 700w so ram is very low but it still works.

I also believe part of my success with the device is I do a soft reset every morning after taking it off the charger. Second part of my success is that I got the Seido 2400 battery. I can get a full day and then some out of it with exchange push going all day.

I anxiously await the arrival of the 800 on Verizon.

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    $600 is alot of money. But I think when a product is new its like that. I wonder what the price will be 6 months after the release.

I can sell my Mogul on fleabay for around $250 now and I can use that toward the 800w.
    Yeah, I'll probably wait about six months as well before i get one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    ...I do a soft reset every morning after taking it off the charger...
    You should just set Sprite backup to do "daily" so this is done automatically.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
  14.    #34  
    Yeah, my SPB Back Up does a soft reset after backing up my device to the storage card every morning at 6:58 AM. I rarely ever do a soft reset manually.

As the 800 release gets pushed out once again until June (so they say), it really doesn't affect me. Like most of you it will be a year before I could buy one anyway. It comes out in a few months then I will wait a few months when the price comes down. Plus my rebate status of $150 will be available then. Its looking more like a year for me unless I get an unbeatable deal on one. Right now my 700wx is just a work horse. I still love it. Got 34mb of memory still left even after a ton of apps (SMS Threaded, Sirius Satelite, SPB Mobile Shell, SPB Back Up, SPB Phone Suiite and much more).

So its not the fanciest device but after owning the Mogul I prefer the stability of the Treo. My next device will also be a Palm. Done with HTC. I know, I know HTC makes stuff for HTC. The 800 is not made by them.

Looking forward to the 800 and all of you to report back as to how well it performs.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    The 800 will not be made by HTC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    The 800 will not be made by HTC?
    No one knows this point.

There was a trade paper known to print supposed leaks (but they are often wrong) saying Palm was switching back to HTC for OEM. But it is not clear
    • If this is true
    • When it takes effect (immediately? 2009?)
    • If all devices will be contracted to them

Inventec makes the Centro and Asus the Treo 500v, fwiw.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  17.    #37  
    Invetec is making the 800. Its been posted in Palm news article. I posted the link at sprintusers.com.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Invetec is making the 800. Its been posted in Palm news article. I posted the link at sprintusers.com.
    I severely disagree with your conclusion as no where in that article does it even mention the 800, let alone what exactly HTC's roll will be with Palm:

If indeed accurate, the report likely indicates that Palm will utilize HTC to supplement their existing manufacturing capability or has been awarded a new ODM contract for a future device.
    Here is the link to the story for others to judge.

To me it's not even ambiguous as there is just not enough information to even reach ambiguity. HTC could be just making some of the 800s or they could be making the whole device, or neither.

If you go back to Palm's last investor call, you'll notice they stressed shortages in supply for the Centro due to Palm's small size as a company (they can't leverage as much with the suppliers like, say, HTC)--having HTC added on as an additional manufacturer is probably a way around that issue, so we could hypothesize that HTC will make some of the 800s so as to keep up with demand...

Then again the term "ODM" implies that HTC is designing the device (much like Asus) which would not be the 800.

Personally: I think that DigiTimes article is quite useless without corroboration. Way to vague.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 02/05/2008 at 07:22 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I might, if I can get it through my company.

The primary thing I want from WM6 is the improved Pocket Outlook. Even at that, the ability to recieve, but not send, HTML e-mail is still a bit weak. I would really like to be able to receive and send e-mail just as my desktop Outlook does.

Maybe some day...
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I might, if I can get it through my company.

The primary thing I want from WM6 is the improved Pocket Outlook. Even at that, the ability to recieve, but not send, HTML e-mail is still a bit weak. I would really like to be able to receive and send e-mail just as my desktop Outlook does.

Maybe some day...

FYI
    the ability to receive, but not send is fixed by using your wireless carriers outgoing server:
    ATT - cwmx.com
    alltel - mail.alltel.net
    sprint - smtp.sprintpcs.com (requires sprint's email add and password for authentication)
    verizon- smtp.vzwmail.net (requires verizon's email add and password for authentication)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast