1.    #1  
    I love WM6, and since I had to do a memory card upgrade it was more complex but there are certain things about this that I just don't get.

1. Using the standard Email inbox... how do I create "quiet hours" where it doesn't check for new mail every half hour?

2. In the calendar...

(a) how do I make the default appointment an "all-day" event?
    (b) when I create an "all-day" or "untimed" event, no icon appears when I have a note attached. For example... if I want to go the Costco on Sunday, I don't want to choose a "time" for that event -- so for it to appear on the calendar I must make it an all-day event. I then want to put a shopping list within that event (Milk, eggs, etc.)... why no "note" icon for all-day events?
    (c) Is there no way for tasks do be "day-specific" and appear in the calendar?
    (d) This has always BAFFLED me... why when you are creating a new appt... when you put in "Lunch with Bob" then go down to "Starts"... and I highlight the "time" section and I type "545P" on my keyboard... for some unknown reason the WM system doesn't realize that ALL time entries will be numbers, followed by AM or PM, so "FDFP" shows up in the time area, then when you move away from that area the default time (12 noon for me) appears. Frustrating.

**Note: It kills me that many people out there view an overlay calendar program as the solution to these issues. I am pushing the limits of my storage as it is, and that's with a bunch of programs on a 2GB card. Besides the fact that I'd like a sensible calendar format for 500 bucks without having to buy another program.

3. Auto program start when I insert a miniSD card. I have TomTom installed on a memory card, and each time it is popped in, the TomTom starts up, and goes all the way through the "agree to terms" section, THEN I can close it. How do I stop a program from Auto-Starting?

There are more frustrating issues, but I still love the user interface.

IT'S PURDY TOO!

I'll answer what I can.

1. Using the standard Email inbox... how do I create "quiet hours" where it doesn't check for new mail every half hour?

Go into ActiveSync on your device. Choose menu/schedule and set of the behaviors for peak and non peak hours and schedule what those hours are.

(d) This has always BAFFLED me... why when you are creating a new appt... when you put in "Lunch with Bob" then go down to "Starts"... and I highlight the "time" section and I type "545P" on my keyboard... for some unknown reason the WM system doesn't realize that ALL time entries will be numbers, followed by AM or PM, so "FDFP" shows up in the time area, then when you move away from that area the default time (12 noon for me) appears. Frustrating.

You'll just have to hold down the option key for those numbers.

3. Auto program start when I insert a miniSD card. I have TomTom installed on a memory card, and each time it is popped in, the TomTom starts up, and goes all the way through the "agree to terms" section, THEN I can close it. How do I stop a program from Auto-Starting?

Don't have any software like this, but I'm guessing there is an autorun file of some sort on your SD card. Try renaming the file so the OS doesn't see it.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    is your tom tom in the 2577 folder? is so take it out. anything in that folder starts automatically.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I don't think ActiveSync has anything to do with checking for email. The standard Pocket Outlook does not have the ability to restrict when it checks for email. Cingular XpressMail does, but I found it too flaky and stopped using it. FlexMail 2007 does not include this very useful feature. If there is a third-party app out there that does, and which works, I'd like to know about it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    I don't think ActiveSync has anything to do with checking for email. The standard Pocket Outlook does not have the ability to restrict when it checks for email. Cingular XpressMail does, but I found it too flaky and stopped using it. FlexMail 2007 does not include this very useful feature. If there is a third-party app out there that does, and which works, I'd like to know about it.
    My activesync isn't even set up to sync my email. So that didn't seem right to me... but the poster also said to go to Menu/Schedule on my device. My device has "schedule" as gray, and hence unclickable. I thought I'd give that a shot.

Yes ... turns out the TomTom WAS in my 2577 folder... I just renamed it and now it doesn't stat up.

Thanks all.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    ActiveSync is the only place I know of where you can set an email schedule. You set peak times (pick days of week and time ranges) and non peak times. If you don't want it to check at all during non peak times, then set it to "manual".

For the peak times, you set it for "every X minutes" or "as items arrive" if you are using an email push service.

I KNOW this works if you're syncing with an exchange server. I can only assume it would also work with POP clients set up in outlook. You may want to check the 750 manual to confirm. I don't have mine handy at the moment.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html