Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    There's a disabled wifi chip in Sprint's Touch?
    I was over-strong...

It has the capability via the chipset (and of course the OS), but reportedly no antenna.

This gets into the GPS debate--about what is needed to enable it. Then again, this site is supposedly selling a CDMA Touch with Wifi...

That being said, it is still not clear, according to Crog's reasoning, why there is no Wifi on the Sprint/Verizon Touch, unlike it's GSM cousin.

Edit: I was also thinking about the Moto Q q9h. That does (or did) have Wifi but it is disabled via software, evidently.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 02/07/2008 at 05:50 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Dual radios for phone and data would be nice. So we can take advantage of looking up stuff, etc while on the phone. Instead of "Let me look it up, and call you right back".
    I thought the point of EVDO Rev A and HSPDA was that you could talk on the phone and surf at the same time? And the newer chipsets can handle that capability.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I thought the point of EVDO Rev A and HSPDA was that you could talk on the phone and surf at the same time? And the newer chipsets can handle that capability.
    The point of Rev A is to actually bring the upload speeds on par with download, as well as reduce system latency.

While certainly true RevA has the technical capability to do voice and data at the same time via pipelining, that is just one type of configuration--in fact it looks like Sprint and Verizon opted for single channel for the setup, so there will be no voice/data at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    --in fact it looks like Sprint and Verizon opted for single channel for the setup, so there will be no voice/data at the same time
    Right, cause being able to be on voice & data at the same time would actually make sense and benefit the consumers.
    yeah, god forbid a carrier actually utilize the technology manufacturers put in their devices. How silly would that be?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    the Only thing i hope for other than integrated gps and rev a is a phone that fits in my damn pocket without it looking like i'm pitchin a tent...

the treo has always been a brick. they need to flatten it out.

i love everything about my 700wx and its been the cell phone i've stayed with for the longest period without getting bored by it and wanting something else.

only thing i ask for is to make it thinner! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkd View Post
    ...a phone that fits in my damn pocket without it looking like i'm pitchin a tent...
    Otherwise known as having a "phoner"
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by wouldya View Post
    Right, cause being able to be on voice & data at the same time would actually make sense and benefit the consumers.
    You know, I would love to think that this was just some dumb random decision, but there is probably more to it than that...including maybe having to upgrade all the towers and tech. One thing I'm learning about all of this stuff is it's never black and white when implementing these standards and I know Qualcomm sometimes isn't as forthright about their own capabilities either (they seem to have a deal where their chipsets can do everything under the sun but you have to license and pay for each one of those features separately..)

So while it's easy to blame Sprint, sometimes it's also their partners or other issues that effect decision making. Maybe if there is a Sprint tower-tech around here he/she can better explain the situation, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that Sprint chose A instead of B.

No antenna, bigger screen, thinner device. That's all i would need.

And make it faster i guess.... not that i complain much about the 700wx speed.

I switched back to my trusty old treo yesterday from a mogul. Thank god!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    1) When I am doing the dishes I stream the TV from the other room to my phone, and if I do it over wifi I dont contribute to my carrier's fair use cap. My plan allows streaming, but most dont these days, and video is pretty intensive. I tether 6 hours per day, so I dont want to push them further if I dont have to.
    Right, I am the one who wants to stream video when I am taking a bath. I now have couple eeePCs so I don't need Treo to do this for me anymore...
    700wx is a great phone, but i REALLY can't believe no one has mentioned the fact that you can't use BT or any headset to use your Voice Command! This is the WORST part about it and has me searching for an alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmacisto View Post
    700wx is a great phone, but i REALLY can't believe no one has mentioned the fact that you can't use BT or any headset to use your Voice Command! This is the WORST part about it and has me searching for an alternative.
    Well, to be truthfull, it's only wireless headsets that can't be used. A wired headset works just fine.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Otherwise known as having a "phoner"
    OMG that made me spit my coffee out laughing!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Well, to be truthfull, it's only wireless headsets that can't be used. A wired headset works just fine.
    you still can't issue voice commands into the microphone in the headset.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123