View Poll Results: Would no Treo headphone/headset jack bother you?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I really want/need the wired audio option!

72 42.35%
  • NO! Thin is in! Change is good! Off with her head(set jack)!

82 48.24%
  • OTHER. (Undecided, on the fence, waiting for a viable third-party candidate, etc.)

16 9.41%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I bought the MicroUSB adapter made by Moto. Ordered it from eforcity on ebay but they sent me a freaking clear skin instead of my adapter.
    It was a terrible mistake. My Prius has an AUX jack but no Bluetooth audio.If I had known that a micro usb adapter was not available, I would have thought twice about buying the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    It was a terrible mistake. My Prius has an AUX jack but no Bluetooth audio.If I had known that a micro usb adapter was not available, I would have thought twice about buying the phone.
    1. Shoulda read the reviews first
    2. Shoulda read this forum first
    3. Could always buy the adapter
    4. Could always return the phone within 30 days

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    that adapter doesn't work. however I expect that working adaptors will be available by the end of summer
  5.    #85  
    I wonder how accurate this poll is, three months later.

I'm more convinced than ever that a headset/headphone jack is a necessity, for the way I use my devices. I've also begun thinking about my device's post-retirement life.

The time will come when the latest and greatest will be the late and second-rate. When I retire my phone (as I did the 650) and move on to the next device, I'd like for the old phone to still be as useful as possible in case I decide to hold onto it (as I did the 650) after I've disconnected it from any carrier networks.

I think that, in the future, I'd be even less inclined to deal with a jackless (better than what I WAS going to call it) phone.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Well yea can't blame Palm for giving the majority of voters exactly what they wanted .

Currently the poll results show 52.82% (75) selected no, 37.32% (53) selected yes.
  7.    #87  
    After some headset jack issues with earlier Treos, I happily switched to BT headsets. I'm perfectly happy with no jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    After some headset jack issues with earlier Treos, I happily switched to BT headsets. I'm perfectly happy with no jack.
    I never had headset jack issues with any Treo and was expecting Palm to at least offer a wired 3.5mm headset adapter. Those always worked well for me in the past if the device didn't have a 3.5mm jack built in.

But now I've got this 800w that Sprint is going to stop selling soon and knowing NOBODY is going to give this device much more focus. What it does not have now it probably will never have and likely nobody will care to make, when they know the prospects for making money off a large number of customers is gone. The 800w is doing a 6 month one carrier run and has no unlocked version. That means very few owners and very little for anyone that would custom make anything for the Palm Treo 800w.

While most didn't want that 3.5mm jack before the 800w are release, the mood totally changed after the 800w was released and it was realized no wired adapter would be made. Many thought Palm would make an adapter as they've usually done. Is there any Treo other than the 800w that has NO MEANS for 3.5mm access?

Anyway, here's a discussion about the alternatives available.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    After some Bluetooth issues with my Treos, I sometimes switch to wired solutions. I'm closer to "perfectly happy" when I have more options.

Of course, there were also times when my Bluetooth "channel" was otherwise occupied so, if I wanted to use a headset, wired was the only option.
  11.    #91  
    Understandably so. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by darnell;1531833Many thought Palm would make an adapter as they've usually done. [B
    Is there any Treo other than the 800w that has NO MEANS for 3.5mm access?[/B]
    None come to-mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I never had headset jack issues with any Treo
    It was not that long ago that every other thread around here was about broken headset jacks on Treos. There were so many problems that Sedio made an adapter that used the hot sync connector and this guy sold tons of these
    http://treotricks.blogspot.com/2006/...ix-part-1.html

If you keep your device in your pocket eventually the jack will short out from constant stress on the stereo connector. It happens to ipods all the time.

I'm convinced that Bluetooth is the way to go.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    It was not that long ago that every other thread around here was about broken headset jacks on Treos. There were so many problems that Sedio made an adapter that used the hot sync connector and this guy sold tons of these

If you keep your device in your pocket eventually the jack will short out from constant stress on the stereo connector. It happens to ipods all the time.

I don't keep my devices in my pockets. To each their own I guess.

I'll certainly only be buying devices that already have a wired means for 3.5mm access. And I don't mind having the BT option also, but I'll buy based on an assured wired 3.5mm option. It's my own personal mistake for assuming Palm would do it for the 800w. But that mistake won't happen again.
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post

Nah. It's just *a* way to go.

I'm glad it works for you, though.
  15.    #95  
    I don't keep my devices in my pockets.
    Ditto. The other day, I couldn't find my hip pouch. That was the first time in recent memory that I've put the 755 in my pocket.

To each their own I guess.

I'll certainly only be buying devices that already have a wired means for 3.5mm access. And I don't mind having the BT option also, but I'll buy based on an assured wired 3.5mm option. It's my own personal mistake for assuming Palm would do it for the 800w. But that mistake won't happen again.
    It's a trust issue, unfortunately. It's unfortunate that Palm is on one side of it and consumers are on the other.
    http://bestcelldist.com/palm_treo800...t_adapter.html

What about this one? Am I reading this correctly - a stereo adapter for the Treo 800W? If someone else thinks it says that, I might try one for $14.99.
    Charliec
    Interesting! Someone should order it...
    Palm just got $100M, you would think they would throw 800 users a bone and release an adapter. Probably not since 800 support has dried up and the Treo Pro is coming. You 800 owners have only the BT option.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    The ad looks a little weird with all the 'warnings' etc...but I may try anyway...let ya know.
    Charliec
    Yeah, it kinda read to me like they might send you a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter.

I would probably call the company or e-mail them and find out details first.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast