1.    #1  
    Can anyone tell me why neither my old Treo 650 nor my newer 700wx support voice dialing over Bluetooth? It would seem that providing the ability to dial by voice over a BT headset would be a no-brainer, but Palm (or perhaps Microsoft?) has decided not to support this capability for some reason. Why is this?

In the meantime, are there ANY handsfree car kits available that will allow me to voice dial on my 700wx and my wife on her 650?

Thanks,

Kevin
    It's Palm's fault as it's a hardware limitation. MS Voice Command supports the function, just not on a 650 or 700.
    With the Palm OS, if you want Bluetooth voice dialing, look no further than a Bluetooth dongle - it simulates a wired headset connection and provides basic Bluetooth voice dialing functionality. Ben
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    It's Palm's fault as it's a hardware limitation. MS Voice Command supports the function, just not on a 650 or 700.
    Thanks for the info. I guess we can't count on Palm issuing a service pack to fix this issue, can we?

Kevin
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    With the Palm OS, if you want Bluetooth voice dialing, look no further than a Bluetooth dongle - it simulates a wired headset connection and provides basic Bluetooth voice dialing functionality. Ben
    Ben,

Are you referring to some sort of BT receiver that fits into the SD slot of my Treo? If so, where might I find one? A quick search of the TreoCentral store didn't turn up any such device.

Thanks,

Kevin
    Kevin, the BT dongle being referred to fits in the wired headset jack. It is a small box on a wire.
    Jabra makes one.
    Please note that if you're listening to my advice, you should have your head examined. Doing as I say could lead to mental illness, injury, or even death.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by San Antone RR View Post
    Kevin, the BT dongle being referred to fits in the wired headset jack. It is a small box on a wire.
    Jabra makes one.
    Ah. I got it now. This sounds like a nice workaround. :-)

Thanks,

Kevin