Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    thread moved by mistake - now returned to its rightful place, but it does look like the original title might be list to the misty mists of time. If somebody remembers the original title, I can switch it back.

Sorry!
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 01/23/2008 at 07:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    If they're removing the 2.5mm headset jack I say good riddance. the jack was weak on my T650, and no longer works. I tried an adapter from the Athena connector to 3.5mm for heaphones, but it wouldn't stay in place.

if the Mini-USB can replace the athena connector then I'm all set. one connector for digi-cam, phone, etc. that's what I'm looking for.

but like Mal said; I've gone A2DP and I won't look back... i won't be missing the lost headset jack.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sml_blok View Post
    but like Mal said; I've gone A2DP and I won't look back... i won't be missing the lost headset jack.

Except on a plane, when using a bluetooth headset would be frowned upon, if not forbidden entirely, which would make for a pretty boring flight if you had planned to listen to music or watch movies on your PPC.

I'm an A2DP convert as well, but it's always nice to have that backup option, even if it's just a bit kludgy.

Same goes for IR, which allows me the use of my Belkin IR folding keyboard on a plane if needed. I sort of hope that one stays.
    Ive been hoping a move to mini usb would come true.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Except on a plane, when using a bluetooth headset would be frowned upon, if not forbidden entirely, which would make for a pretty boring flight if you had planned to listen to music or watch movies on your PPC.

I'm an A2DP convert as well, but it's always nice to have that backup option, even if it's just a bit kludgy.

Same goes for IR, which allows me the use of my Belkin IR folding keyboard on a plane if needed. I sort of hope that one stays.

I'm away from home at least three weeks out of the month on business.. and I ALWAYS use my Moto S9 with my 700wx on the plane. Most flight attendents this day care only about seeing you listen to the safety info... then they could care less.

Thank GOD flight mode does not disable Bluetooth.
    Last edited by Sequel333; 01/23/2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: damn typos
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post

This would be true except if there was no backup option, but as of now, it sounds plausible that they are using HTC's hybrid USB/Headphone adapter which is standard on the Touch and Mogul and other devices (HTC, evidently, is back to making Palm devices).

So you still have a "wired" option, you just need the adapter that is included with the device. It's about as convenient/inconvenient as a 2.5-to-3.5mm adapter.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    That adapter is fugly. Hopefully Seidio will come through with a redesigned one-piece headset solution. I refuse to spend $100 for an AD2P headset and associated charging headaches.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    That adapter is fugly. Hopefully Seidio will come through with a redesigned one-piece headset solution. I refuse to spend $100 for an AD2P headset and associated charging headaches.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Ive been hoping a move to mini usb would come true.
    Me too! I dont want to have another type of cable.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Gimme Gimme Gimme
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I got an A2DP Jabra stereo headset from Jabra with USB and Powerline chargers for 29 bucks. Things aren't as expensive as you think, and I use the headset with my computer and my home stereo system (via a Motorla DC800 - another relatively unknown and unappreciated device).
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Very interesting. So the first EVDO Rev A smartphone, and one that matches the specs of nearly every WM phone except the Tilt (it even matches that phone if it has GPS) does not seem to impress Engadget. I'd love to know what those jokers are using.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoconvert View Post
    I got an A2DP Jabra stereo headset from Jabra with USB and Powerline chargers for 29 bucks. Things aren't as expensive as you think, and I use the headset with my computer and my home stereo system (via a Motorla DC800 - another relatively unknown and unappreciated device).
    Certainly sounds interesting. What is the model numer of the headset you are using? I couldn't find any under $50 anywhere last time I looked.
    My headphone is a Jabra BT620.

You will have to look around - I've seen them sold anywhere from 24.99 to 85.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    In the begining I was willing to wait for the 800, but now it's almost like just forget about it... Now I'm more interested in the BB Curve for when it hits Sprint... I'm still good with my 700wx but the 800 is slowly moving down my list.
    I had to ditch my 700wx for a Blackberry...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...397&CatId=1810

ran across this awhile ago.

Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset 29.99- Not sure how good they are.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Me too! I dont want to have another type of cable.
    Definitely. Is it even possible to design a worse proprietary cable than the existing one?
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStatus View Post
    In the begining I was willing to wait for the 800, but now it's almost like just forget about it... Now I'm more interested in the BB Curve for when it hits Sprint... I'm still good with my 700wx but the 800 is slowly moving down my list.

If it was not for the $40 data plan I would be with you.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStatus View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you, except I'm waiting on Verizon to get the Curve. Just not that excited about the 800w at this point.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast