Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Im not saying what he said was wrong, just hard to believe cuz it is what this device should be.
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Sprint is long for this world. You don't lose 600k+ subscribers in 1 quarter and last.
    I like your user name: tree-i-ee-i--o!!!! Anyhow, they gained about half a million business subscribers so its a net loss of less than a couple hundred thousand.....
    Roger
    DrRoger...where did you see this information?

Also, I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to carry a Treo so the user name might soon be up for grabs!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    That's interesting news too and I have to agree, nothing that anonuser said was particularly crazy or out of line of what to expect from such a device...
    Well the only thing that could be out of line is the fact he or she is saying that Sprint's HPPTT will be launched in the spring of 2009!?!?

The FCC already has a Samsung phone with Rev A and HPPTT and most reliable sources including internal Sprint sources have pointed to spring 2008 not spring 2009 so it sounds like about 20% is credible, 50% is repeating previous rumors, and 30% of it is not so credible.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I talk to a Sprint lady at the mall this weekend and she said the 800w is delayed but a few months. I guess thats why its 1st quarter.

So I think the 800w is coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoger View Post
    http://www.ctiawireless.com/ is a link to the CTIA convention in Las Vegas April 2008. An article from phonenews said "It (the 800w) should ship before CTIA… averting mobs of press questions as to why CDMA still lacks a Windows Mobile 6 Treo."
    I'm staying with Verizon esp. after Sprint's recent crisis, so if it takes to Apr + 3 months, that's fine.....I don't have a choice anyhow....unless Sprint and VZW get to release it simultaneously. Anyone know whether such a simultaneous release has happened to a smartphone before? Best I recall Sprint has been 3 months ahead all along.....
    Roger
    Wasn't everyone waiting on Sprint to launch the 700p and Sprint was going to have exclusivity for a period before VZW got it b/c VZW got the 700w first - and then the 700p actually came out on VZW first?? If I remember correctly, the 700p hit both carriers about the same time.
    someone on sprintusers is claiming April now also.
    Would not be surprised if Sprint gets the 800w first then around August VZW gets the 800wx with some of the issues fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Wasn't everyone waiting on Sprint to launch the 700p and Sprint was going to have exclusivity for a period before VZW got it b/c VZW got the 700w first - and then the 700p actually came out on VZW first?? If I remember correctly, the 700p hit both carriers about the same time.
    Wasn't the 700P just launched on VZW after it had been out on Sprint for months?
    No, that was the 755p and that had something to do with not passing VZW certification.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonuser View Post
    The Treo 800w (from Sprint) will have a mini-USB plug on the bottom of the device. It's about as thin as a Centro, and actually feels quite nice in the hand. It will ship with WinMo 6, and will be compatible with WinMo 6.1 once an update is released. Not a whole lot of feature upgrades, but does make it compatible with Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008.
    Along with the classic on/off switch for the ringer, there is a convenient WiFi on/off button. I tried the camera out, and at 2.0mp, it took decent pictures, though I didn't have a chance to upload them to my PC to look over. It also comes standard with an EvDO Rev. A radio, bluetooth 2.0 +EDR, and 802.11g WiFi.

I for one am looking forward to this device, even though it won't support the High Performance Push-to-Talk service that Sprint will be launching in the Spring of 2009.

This device is slated to be released in April of this year.
    If it doesn't support Microsoft SYNC, Palm/Microsoft is making a big mistake.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    The Treo 800w (from Sprint) will have a mini-USB plug on the bottom of the device. It's about as thin as a Centro, and actually feels quite nice in the hand. It will ship with WinMo 6, and will be compatible with WinMo 6.1 once an update is released. Not a whole lot of feature upgrades, but does make it compatible with Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008.
    Along with the classic on/off switch for the ringer, there is a convenient WiFi on/off button. I tried the camera out, and at 2.0mp, it took decent pictures, though I didn't have a chance to upload them to my PC to look over. It also comes standard with an EvDO Rev. A radio, bluetooth 2.0 +EDR, and 802.11g WiFi.

I for one am looking forward to this device, even though it won't support the High Performance Push-to-Talk service that Sprint will be launching in the Spring of 2009.

This device is slated to be released in April of this year.
    Did you forget to mention GPS or are you saying there is no GPS? Not sure I'll get a reply, or how much I believe the post, but I gotta ask. No GPS would be disappointing.
    chong67,

Every time I see your avatar, I get hungry... and I just had lunch!
    Who's flying this thing?
    The Treo 800W will have GPSa on it for location-based services. Regarding the HPPTT, I'm only reporting what I was told by an inside source at Sprint. I too was expecting Spring of 2008 for the launch, and have been patiently waiting for a year to upgrade, however, I was just recently told to expect yet another year of waiting...

The first Palm device to support HPPTT will not be released until Spring of 2009, which should be the newer revision of the Treo 800W, unless they incorporate the feature on their new OS device which will launch in Q1 of 2009.

The Treo 800W has MicroSD and 256MB memory. I believe there is another 128MB for something else, but I can't remember what the document said.

Oh, and there's no more headphone jack on the device, you'll have to utilize the mini-usb plug with an adapter, or use bluetooth wireless.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    The Treo 800W will have GPSa on it for location-based services.
    So can I use Tomtom Navigator 6 with this?
    Folks looking to win in our Rumortastic Treo 800w giveaway have some more fodder to work with trying to guess the date and win that Treo. A new user in our forums, the mysterious **anonuser**, has two posts to his or her name, but they're interesting and sound pretty darn legit. Anon claims to have seen an internal document that fills us in on some new deets.

The first gives us plenty of reasons to be excited, as it confirms some previous rumors *and* gives us hope that Palm has finally seen the light and is dropping their horrendous “Athena” connector:

> *The Treo 800w (from Sprint) will have a mini-USB plug on the bottom of the device. It's about as thin as a Centro, and actually feels quite nice in the hand. It will ship with WinMo 6, and will be compatible with WinMo 6.1 once an update is released. Not a whole lot of feature upgrades, but does make it compatible with Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008.
    Along with the classic on/off switch for the ringer, there is a convenient WiFi on/off button. I tried the camera out, and at 2.0mp, it took decent pictures, though I didn't have a chance to upload them to my PC to look over. It also comes standard with an EvDO Rev. A radio, bluetooth 2.0 +EDR, and 802.11g WiFi. [...] This device is slated to be released in April of this year.*

Nice, eh? The second post confirms that we will indeed get aGPS on this baby plus adds some specification goodness:

> *The Treo 800W has MicroSD and 256MB memory. I believe there is another 128MB for something else, but I can't remember what the document said. [...]Oh, and there's no more headphone jack on the device, you'll have to utilize the mini-usb plug with an adapter, or use bluetooth wireless.*

We don't know anonuser (he or she is, after all, anonymous, but we will say that the info has the ring of truth to it. **April** is quite a bit later than we'd hoped for, but for a thin, touchscreen, GPS, WiFi, 320x320 power-device like this, we're willing to wait!

...just might be time for you to change your guess in the **Treo 800w contest**, eh? (remember, kids, the date has to be two weeks out from the day you guess)

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ru...l_surface.html
    Oh, and there's no more headphone jack on the device, you'll have to utilize the mini-usb plug with an adapter, or use bluetooth wireless.
    That's absolutely ridiculous! (imho) I use my headphone jack on the 700wx quite often, especially while in airports/airplanes.
    Perhaps they're moving to the HTC's mini-usb/audio connector? That would be *very* interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Perhaps they're moving to the HTC's mini-usb/audio connector? That would be *very* interesting.
    Sure sounds like it. Some-one said HTC is not acting like the giant they are, but pushing their own connector to get peripheral revenue is a pretty bold move. Getting another brand name on board is a pretty big win for them.

Surur
    I hate this idea and yet totally understand it.

If you want smaller, thinner and yet more "feature packed" devices folks, you have to make cuts somewhere Headphone jacks, while convenient, are quickly being replaced with a2dp devices and once you try those, you rarely go back to a wired-setup.

If they did adopt HTC's connector, it probably has less to do with it being a great solution as opposed to just a way-out for Palm to save space and totally remove the jack.

Going with that thought, I wonder if IR also got on the chopping block?

I dunno, GPS, Wifi, thinner and more power in exchange for giving up a headphone jack? I can live with that, lol.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast