Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kortez View Post
    So, we know some of the specs, like 320*320 screen, wi-fi and so on, but..

Does anybody know if it will be CDMA or GSM (like treo750) phone?

PS Oh, and also, what about a camera? Will it be as crappy as on treo 750? C'mon Palm buy some 3.2 AF camera modules from SonyEricsson.
    If you take a look at the other threads in this forum (especially the sticky one), you will see the giveaway is for a Treo 800w and Sprint is mentioned as the likely carrier, so that means CDMA. A GSM version will likely be released at some point but as to when, only Palm knows that ATM.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Will it have the mini USB port?

If you take a look at the first post in the "Treo 800w I just held one" thread, you will see the OP says the 800w will have a new proprietary connector. Of course, this is all unofficial/rumor until we hear from Palm themselves.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Will it have the mini USB port?
    The Treo 500v has mini USB, so there's always hope!

I know we are all expecting a Sprint launch, but I am hoping there might be a 3G/GSM version released in Europe through Vodafone.
    Yeah but the Treo 500v is pretty much an ODM Asus and if I am not mistaken has no ringer switch.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I just ran the gamut of the new phones from Verizon - got an i760, returned it, got an XV6800, returned that, I have a 755p now. I was moving from a 650.

I'll definitely be trying the 800W - I hope it's not NEXT Christmas before it's on Verizon... sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    I got a hunch that this is the unit that is being beta tested by some tight lipped (but peeing in their pants) TC'ers.

I can neither confirm nor deny .....
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Man, I hate to have another cable to lug around if Palm doesnt use mini USB.

My bag is full of all these proprietary cables!
    Well, jrhinehart, if we own a 755p, do you think we'll be happy with an 800w?

You don't have to confirm or deny, but just drop us a hint based on your"hunch".
    This would be an awesome feature, but probably won't be ready until the next Treo after 800

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-967...tml?tag=blog.1
    The Drucker

Boy genius report shows a Vodafone roadmap, were a HSDPA GPS Wi-Fi Palm "drucker" is expected July 2008. (with WinMo Pro)

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...-palm-drucker/

Also a Palm "Wanda"is expected later (with WinMo Standard)

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...obile-roadmap/
    Quote Originally Posted by logmein View Post
    Well, jrhinehart, if we own a 755p, do you think we'll be happy with an 800w?

You don't have to confirm or deny, but just drop us a hint based on your"hunch".

I can say that I am excited and the release can't come fast enough.
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
    Any updates on when the 800w might be released?

I really like my HTC Touch but am really missing the keyboard and added usability of my old 700w.
    The Treo 800w (from Sprint) will have a mini-USB plug on the bottom of the device. It's about as thin as a Centro, and actually feels quite nice in the hand. It will ship with WinMo 6, and will be compatible with WinMo 6.1 once an update is released. Not a whole lot of feature upgrades, but does make it compatible with Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008.
    Along with the classic on/off switch for the ringer, there is a convenient WiFi on/off button. I tried the camera out, and at 2.0mp, it took decent pictures, though I didn't have a chance to upload them to my PC to look over. It also comes standard with an EvDO Rev. A radio, bluetooth 2.0 +EDR, and 802.11g WiFi.

I for one am looking forward to this device, even though it won't support the High Performance Push-to-Talk service that Sprint will be launching in the Spring of 2009.

This device is slated to be released in April of this year.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ummmm you know this from..........
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    I don't know who he is but I'll say that I believe it. The guys at JKOnTheRun complained that while they were at CES, Palm offered them early info on a new device, but they refused because the NDA was for three months. That fits perfectly with April.
    Hey Anonuser, any other info? How much memory? Any info on the GPS? MiniSD or microSD?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    I don't know who he is but I'll say that I believe it. The guys at JKOnTheRun complained that while they were at CES, Palm offered them early info on a new device, but they refused because the NDA was for three months. That fits perfectly with April.
    That's interesting news too and I have to agree, nothing that anonuser said was particularly crazy or out of line of what to expect from such a device...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anonuser View Post
    This device is slated to be released in April of this year.
    http://www.ctiawireless.com/ is a link to the CTIA convention in Las Vegas April 2008. An article from phonenews said "It (the 800w) should ship before CTIA… averting mobs of press questions as to why CDMA still lacks a Windows Mobile 6 Treo."
    I'm staying with Verizon esp. after Sprint's recent crisis, so if it takes to Apr + 3 months, that's fine.....I don't have a choice anyhow....unless Sprint and VZW get to release it simultaneously. Anyone know whether such a simultaneous release has happened to a smartphone before? Best I recall Sprint has been 3 months ahead all along.....
    Roger
    Last edited by DrRoger; 01/20/2008 at 10:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoger View Post
    [url]
    I'm staying with Verizon esp. after Sprint's recent crisis, so if it takes to Apr + 3 months, that's fine.....I don't have a choice anyhow....unless Sprint and VZW get to release it simultaneously. Anyone know whether such a simultaneous release has happened to a smartphone before? Best I recall Sprint has been 3 months ahead all along.....
    Roger
    Hard to say. Whether the new Sprint's management want to exclusively launch the Treo 800w is an unknown. I believe Palm will take pre-caution step to monitor the current market situation. Since the Centro is selling good. Maybe other GSM telco will bid for the exclusive. GSM is good for Palm, as it is the world standard except Japan and Korea. Personally, I hope Palm will launch Treo 800w globally without exclusive offer to any telcos.
    Yeah, I don't think Sprint is long for this world. You don't lose 600k+ subscribers in 1 quarter and last.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)