Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    I used to think this as well, but I now think the 3g iPhone will not be out until the 3Q. I think VZW will be releasing the 800w right around the time the 3g iPhone is released.
    No apple already is slowing down orders of 2g chips, the iphone will be Q2.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    A Sprint Salesman told me yesterday that Sprint will have the 800w on June 1st, this year 2008...........
    Roger
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoger View Post
    A Sprint Salesman told me yesterday that Sprint will have the 800w on June 1st, this year 2008...........
    Roger
    Now thats just mean...
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    Now thats just mean...

Well. . . . . the 700p took from December to May 28th to finally show up . . . with rumors of February, March, April, and May all along the way. . . .

(I remember it well.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Well. . . . . the 700p took from December to May 28th to finally show up . . . with rumors of February, March, April, and May all along the way. . . .

(I remember it well.)
    My poor 700p is on its last leg. It keeps going though this endless loop of trying to synch to the desktop. I was hoping I only had a week or two before upgrading. But June? better to get some cheap phone and wait for the iphone.

i thought it was funny that roger goes. 2008--this year-lol.
    Yeah, I hate to say but Palm is f'd. Taking over 2 years to put out an upgrade to the windows mobile Treo is ridiculous. If you're going to buy an 800w you may as well buy an HD-DVD player while you're at. Both will be good products and work well but won't have anyone around to care in a year.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Yeah, I hate to say but Palm is f'd. Taking over 2 years to put out an upgrade to the windows mobile Treo is ridiculous. If you're going to buy an 800w you may as well buy an HD-DVD player while you're at. Both will be good products and work well but won't have anyone around to care in a year.
    Or Buy an iPhone.. thats like getting a Blu Ray... WILL be around!
    Hey, if iPhone can give me 3g, real gps, exchange sync, Slingplayer, and mms, I am more than willing to give AT&T a try. I spend the majority of my time in Chicago so it's not that bad. Until that time iPhone is just a cute little toy and not going to cut it for my needs.
    OH-IO!!!

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRoger View Post
    Roger
    I was in a meeting with a palm rep and they told me June as well. I just did not want to be the bearer of bad news
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
    June seems like an eternity. Hopefully the delay is because they are addressing those bugs jaytv warned us about.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas View Post
    I was in a meeting with a palm rep and they told me June as well. I just did not want to be the bearer of bad news
    Before anyone freaks out too much, the people in customer service and/or sales reps in the stores are going to be the last to know anything. The board trollers (us) will be most likely to have the date first. That said, Im not exactly sanguine that these guys are wrong...

While Palm has been nothing less than materially disappointing the last 2 years, at least they have been consistently disapointing.
    Hey, if iPhone can give me 3g, real gps, exchange sync, Slingplayer, and mms, I am more than willing to give AT&T a try. I spend the majority of my time in Chicago so it's not that bad. Until that time iPhone is just a cute little toy and not going to cut it for my needs.
    The all in data plan is also not that much more than sprint's uber cheap rates. 3g Iphone comes out first--I'm gone after 12 years on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Before anyone freaks out too much, the people in customer service and/or sales reps in the stores are going to be the last to know anything. The board trollers (us) will be most likely to have the date first. That said, Im not exactly sanguine that these guys are wrong...

While Palm has been nothing less than materially disappointing the last 2 years, at least they have been consistently disapointing.
    I'm a board troller and this was straight from the treo reps mouth in a regional meeting I attended.
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    A June release with Sprint could be accurate if Verizon gets the 800W first. Hasn't an April release date been floating around too? That could give Verizon a 60 day exclusive????

Maybe just wishfull thinking on my part.
    I guess I will have to get the new motorola q8 in the intermin. I do not know why Palm can do nothing right!!!! I guess it's going to take a while for Apple's people (Jon R, ect) to make a dent in the old Palm attiude. If motorola or samsung comes out with a touch screen smartphone like the "Q" or the "BJ", Palm may be in trouble again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    There's actually little evidence to support this though it is certainly the popular urban legend that even Engadget likes to believe.

I think their critique was important but it the decision to "get Palm off their duff" was Elevation Partners and Rubentstein who clearly recognized a mess when he saw it.

The reason the stores are closing, Foleo was canceled and layoffs occurred is because Palm is consolidating and focusing all resources on the next-gen OS--that's a good thing.

Fact is, Palm is changing but it appears that every change they make to improve is met with hostility left and right and a lot of it is just misplaced and wrong, like slamming Palm for possibly ditching the 2.5mm jack, something that HTC did awhile back and even regular flips have done. Meanwhile, all the improvements and features are ignored.

Some where I saw the spec on the on off switch for wifi which is quite good!
    and mention of given of it!
    I'm a board troller and this was straight from the treo reps mouth in a regional meeting I attended.
    Sprint may not be around by June. And if Palm takes that long for a new launch in this unforgiving market, I doubt they will survive in their current form either.
    Sprint may not be around by June. And if Palm takes that long for a new launch in this unforgiving market, I doubt they will survive in their current form either.
    That prediction is a bit pessimistic to say the least. Sprint will be around for at least a few more years, as will Palm. It's safe to say the two companies are racing each other toward extinction, and I say good riddance. Whether it's bad customer service or lack of innovation, you reap what you sow.
    OH-IO!!!

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    A June date fits in with my guess that the Vodafone 'Drucker' is the 3G/GSM version of the same device. That has a July release date.
    Well that will be a slap in the face for CDMA Treo owners. The 700wx finally gets an update after 20+ months then the 750 gets an update a month later that is even better (recessed screen)
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast