Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. zduchene's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am looking for some advise:

    I just bought a brand new Lexus, it has bluetooth standard with the navigation system. I was able to pair my phone but not able to transfer my phonebook. Is there a way on the 700w to do a "Bluetooth Phonebook Transfer"? If not, is there some third-party/Palm software that will allow me to do this?

    Any help is appreciated!

    Thanks in advance.
  2. #2  
    I am new to the palm OS thing but congratulations on owning a Lexus!

    I think maybe you can "beam" the contacts to the system...but I am not sure if that is just for the IR port on the phone...hmm
  3. zduchene's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
       #3  
    normally "beaming" refers to IRDA port on the phone.
  4. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #4  
    If you had search the forum before you posted this is what you found have found.

    http://www.jetwaremobile.com/

    Next time try searching before you post.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  5. zduchene's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    If you had search the forum before you posted this is what you found have found.

    http://www.jetwaremobile.com/

    Next time try searching before you post.
    That was a very nice post this guy left but it still has not solved the problem, which is why I posted in the first place. Does anyone else know of a different third-party software (other than the fore mentioned) that can transfer numbers?
  6. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by zduchene View Post
    That was a very nice post this guy left but it still has not solved the problem, which is why I posted in the first place. Does anyone else know of a different third-party software (other than the fore mentioned) that can transfer numbers?
    Have you tryed the Jetware program? This program has helped others transfer their phone book to Bluetooth. If you haven't tryed it yet you might want to.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  7. zduchene's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Have you tryed the Jetware program? This program has helped others transfer their phone book to Bluetooth. If you haven't tryed it yet you might want to.
    Yes I have tried it and am only getting the phone numbers not the names...do you know the trick? I have a 2008 Lexus.

    Thanks!
  8. dtrose's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #8  
    I only get the numbers as well which is useless as I would have a ton of entries w/o names and would 1) Have to figure out the name that goes with each set of numbers and 2) would require a manual edit of each imported recorded to add the name.
  9. zduchene's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrose View Post
    I only get the numbers as well which is useless as I would have a ton of entries w/o names and would 1) Have to figure out the name that goes with each set of numbers and 2) would require a manual edit of each imported recorded to add the name.
    I was going to buy that Jetware Product but I don't think it is going to work. I am hoping that even with just the numbers I can at least see what number is calling me, but I have not been able to confirm that yet.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrose View Post
    I only get the numbers as well which is useless as I would have a ton of entries w/o names and would 1) Have to figure out the name that goes with each set of numbers and 2) would require a manual edit of each imported recorded to add the name.
    Yup. That's what I remember having to do the last time I tried importing the Palm phonebook into the Lexus. I had to create another phonebook (on the Palm) creating the format acceptable to Lexus and then transfer that. It's certainly doable but a PITA.
  11. zduchene's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartr View Post
    Yup. That's what I remember having to do the last time I tried importing the Palm phonebook into the Lexus. I had to create another phonebook (on the Palm) creating the format acceptable to Lexus and then transfer that. It's certainly doable but a PITA.
    on your 700w you created "another phonebook" what is the Lexus Acceptable format? and how did you create an additional phonebook on the 700w?

Posting Permissions