Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    So I bought some software from a company I am sure you all know and I selected "smartphone" instead of the proper "pocket pc" version. When I discovered it didn't work I went back to the website and paid again for the correct version. The amount was about $28 each time.

The website has a 100% money back guarantee. ALSO when I made my FIRST purchase I was not aware I was being taken to another well known pocket pc software site to complete the purchase.

Anyway the first websites "contact" link does not work and they are in Europe so there is no way I will phone or write. The second company has not responded to my request for a refund on the first download.

I now have the Pocket PC AND Smartphone FULL versions of the following:

Resco Braingain
    Resco Sokoban
    Resco Sudoku

Oddly they do not require a key code or anything.

Now since neither company will respond to me and BOTH state they have a 100% return do I have the right to do with the programs as I see fit??

Can I share them with whoever I want?

Or sell copies until I make up my loss?

Now I know someone will say it was MY mistake and it was BUT both companies have a return policy and neither will act on it.

Any thoughts?
    Have you considered requesting a chargeback from your card company.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Oh yeah man.... just call your Visa or Mastercard and tell them you want to deny the charge.

That'll take care of it.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I am doing that but it bothers me they are not responding to me. Since they are not responding I feel like sharing the software. That is what I am questioning is dishonest or not.
    You clearly have the right to avoid the charges by requesting a refund, or inthis case having Visa cancel the charge. But beyond that, you already know the answer.
    Who are the companies? Just make sure you post back if they do in fact make things right.

Remember today is a Holiday too.

If it is pocketgear or handango you have nothing to worry about.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    That is very unusual with Resco - their support has always been good. Check their site again, the link for contact does work. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Who are the companies? Just make sure you post back if they do in fact make things right.

Remember today is a Holiday too.

If it is pocketgear or handango you have nothing to worry about.
    I have had nothing but trouble with pocketgear. I recently downloaded a file that was suppose to be 8 themes for zlauncher.... but it was only one. I sent them an email, and after 2 more additional emails they informed me that it was my browser "changing" the zipped file. I have not received another response to the next 5 emails I sent them. If interested you can read the thread over at mytreo.net http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,59216.0.html I will not be doing business with them anymore. I'm only out 5.95, but now it's the principal of the whole thing. And the tone in their one and only email to me was very condescending.

well it's been a week since my last email to them.. no response what so ever! Not that I expected any. They seem to have totally lack of respect for their customers, their customer service is a joke! I only wonder what how they are treating their developers. I will not be doing business with them at all, and I will do my best to let other's know of the problems I have had with them
    Last edited by sassiebrat; 02/16/2008 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Update
    The best thing about a fantasy is the possibility that it might come true. But when that possibility is gone, well that just sucks.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    The issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    Good!! I can only hope that mine will, but I'm not holding my breathe. I have sent at least 5 emails, they have responded to one, telling me it's my browsers that was changing the file, and they included what they claimed were the correct files..... but they were the exact same files I had downloaded.
    The best thing about a fantasy is the possibility that it might come true. But when that possibility is gone, well that just sucks.
    I don't see which company or website you've dealt with (I must have missed it). And how did you get resolution to your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus661 View Post
    So I bought some software from a company I am sure you all know and I selected "smartphone" instead of the proper "pocket pc" version. When I discovered it didn't work I went back to the website and paid again for the correct version. The amount was about $28 each time.

The website has a 100% money back guarantee. ALSO when I made my FIRST purchase I was not aware I was being taken to another well known pocket pc software site to complete the purchase.

Anyway the first websites "contact" link does not work and they are in Europe so there is no way I will phone or write. The second company has not responded to my request for a refund on the first download.

I now have the Pocket PC AND Smartphone FULL versions of the following:

Resco Braingain
    Resco Sokoban
    Resco Sudoku

Oddly they do not require a key code or anything.

Now since neither company will respond to me and BOTH state they have a 100% return do I have the right to do with the programs as I see fit??

Can I share them with whoever I want?

Or sell copies until I make up my loss?

Now I know someone will say it was MY mistake and it was BUT both companies have a return policy and neither will act on it.

Any thoughts?
    You don't have a right to resell it.
    You should request a chargeback from your cc company/bank.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.