Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    What is your favorite free software you are using on your Treo 700wx? And where did you get it?
    I did a search on treocentral.com and found all kinds of stuff!
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    What words did you search? And did you search the site or message board? If you search the words "free software" it will pull up the word "free" and "software" all alone. Is there a trick to search for "free software" where both words are in that order? That make sense?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    PointUI
    Can be had at www.pointui.com
    seriously, I love this app / interface!

Honorable Mentions:

vxUtil - great for system admins (ping, whois, password generators, etc.)

Live Search - awesome for maps and looking up info (restaurants, gas prices, movie showtimes, etc.)

MortPlayer - nice mp3 playing interface and alarm feature is wonderful (comes on even if the program is off)

HButton - a good task switching app

S2U2 - slide to unlock, very handy.

PDANet - not necessarily FREE, but it can be found...you just need to look around. tethering is key sometimes.

Picsel Browser - hands down the best internet / PDF browser out. Easy to use interface and nice looks. Good luck finding it, the file is kinda rare, but it is free.

PocketCM - nice contact management interface.

Skype - it is what it is.

Sprite Backup - essential for backing up your data. awesome scheduling feature.

TCPMP - when WMP won't cut it in the video realm.

That's about it. This is my first post here, hope it counts for something.
    Huh...

I thought for sure someone would have said WeatherPanel.

I have spent the last three weeks downloading a CRAPLOAD of skins for WeatherPanel and changing the look of my Today Screen relentlessly.

You can find the software at www.marsware.net and you can do searches all over the place on this site, ppcgeeks and weatherpanel.net with various skins and icon sets to download.

I have seen nothing else (imho) out there that is as entertaining, time consuming and expandable that is free.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Sequel333; 01/23/2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: damn typos never stop
    Weatherpanel might be the best app out there. Live Search is awesome too as is Treo Alert (8.2 now I believe) for LED control amongst other things. Being able to see what messages you have waiting without turning the screen on is key.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    i had weatherpanel, but it slowed down my startup times dramatically and pointui comes with weather feature. it isn't the 10 day forecast, but today and tomorrow are good enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by afripino View Post
    i had weatherpanel, but it slowed down my startup times dramatically and pointui comes with weather feature. it isn't the 10 day forecast, but today and tomorrow are good enough for me.

I have used weatherpanel on literally 10 different wm devices. Never had any issues.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  9. TheOneThing
    Unbelieveable that no one has mentioned Google Maps (http://www.google.com/gmm), which is probably the best free applet out there.
    is it just me or this app no longer free anymore?
    I'd vote for Weatherpanel, Opera Mini (much faster than Picsel Browser mentioned earlier), Total Commander (reg editor), TreoAlert Pro, OctroTalk (instant messenger), and VNCviewer (for remotely controlling another computer.
    The best place to go for apps is gone. ringerpost.com ruled!

SPB Back up, Memaid, SPB Mobile shell are not free but must haves.

Freebies- YouTube hack, Sirius Satelite hack, Treo Alerts, Hidelogo (removes Sprint logo on today screen), Threaded SMS (great app). Picture mail hack was great to but Sprint squashed it.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Picture mail hack was great to but Sprint squashed it.
    Is that what happened?? Damn... Any fixes out there?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    OK, not an app but still great on ANY mobile phone! Free and completely voice driven. Try Google 411 and you will see! Just dial (800) 466-4411.
    My favorite is Personalizer. This app lets you replace the carrier name, such as Verizon Wireless, with your message or even nothing/blank. Even after resets, your message or blanks remain.
    Treo Keylight to turn off and on my keyboard lights. Find it here at treocentral.

MusicID..to identify songs on radio.....search PPCGeeks

WeatherPanel.....still rocks. Pocket Weather getting close, but I still love my WP.

And another vote for Treo Alert, Google Maps, and Live Search.
    Live Search

Windows live search for mobile phones. It is without a doubt the single most well rounded and useful piece of software on my device, and it's completely free. Look up phone numbers without paying for 411. Get movie times. Find the lowest gas prices in your area. Get satellite, or street maps, or use a combo of both. All bound to voice activation. As easy as saying "start live search", then saying "pizza". Bam, you've got a listing of every pizza joint near you. You can see them pinpointed on a map, list them by distance, get their phone numbers, hours of operation, and get step by step driving directions with accompanying maps. I could literally go on and on, everything in this program is so wonderfully integrated and easy to use.

Keylight

Quite Simple: map it to a button and it turns your keypad light on and off. The same button does both. Simple, and does exactly what it needs to do.

Weatherpanel

Basically it's a highly customizable and very informative weather plugin. Unfortunately, the developer went missing a while back, so the members of the community I linked have been maintaining and updating it themselves. If you register for the forum, you'll be able to find the program, as well as the latest updates and custom skins.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I just downloaded the trial version of WeatherPanel. I keep seeing the developer has gone missing...so if I purchase the program, will I still get the full version?
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    I just downloaded the trial version of WeatherPanel. I keep seeing the developer has gone missing...so if I purchase the program, will I still get the full version?
    The trial is a never ending thing, don't worry about paying for it, there is basically no support through there. The best thing I can suggest, is to go over to PPCGeeks and sign up....there is a LOT of support (plus all the skins (I use the one ArrowHead posted as well...excelent skin!!!!)).

PPCGeeks seems to be having some problems currently, but I think you can find most things here as well, and from the sounds of things just in this thread, more than enough support as well!!!
    PPCGeeks seems to be down right now. Can anyone tell me where I can get WeatherPanel from other than PPCG? Also, can I get specifics on the skin that you are using Arrowhead? I love it. Does it work outside of Weatherpanel?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast