1.    #1  
    After pure frustration of not knowing when the Centro is coming for AT&T, and my 650 turning very unreliable over the last few weeks, I have come over to the dark side. After my 650 reset/locked up EIGHT, that's right EIGHT times in one day (#8 was in the AT&T store while he was punching in all the data to the computer) - I cried uncle and picked up a Treo 750 at the AT&T store the other day. So be gentle on me if I ask stupid questions. I could make the 650 do whatever I wanted, quickly. Not so much with the 750. Although I like what I see so far.
    Last edited by phrogpilot73; 01/19/2008 at 10:06 PM.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Welcome to the dark side!

I had different devices with the Palm OS for 10 years and then last autumn had to change phone (from a 650) as I switched to an operator that only supported 3G phones. Had the HTC TyTn for a few months before the unlocked 750 was released. It took a while to get used to Windows Mobile. Palm's tweaked version of WM is much, much better that the regular one. The upgrade to WM6 is great and so is Office Mobile 6.1.

At first I really missed the Palm Desktop but since upgrading to Microsoft Office 2007 I don't miss it at all.

Hope you become friends with your 750 - I am totally in love with mine!

Best,

Marianne
    P.S. Love the Mark Twain quote!!!
    I loved the Palm OS. Loved it. Simple, fast. (Actually I think the Apple guys sort of stole the concept, but I had better not say that out loud. Screen with nice icons representing programs. Tap an icon to start a program. Want to start another prog? Just press the home button, and you are back at the main screen with the icons. Tap the desired icon ... see? just like the iPhone. Oh well).

Anyway, as my Treo 650 fell apart, I made the switch, and like many, I got myself a TytnII (Kaiser). That thing can do it all. Even the dishes, and never complains about a headache. Then, quite by accident, I got hold of a 750. WOW. What a difference. The Treo 750 is so easy to use, what is a joy. Same WM6 but what a difference. My TytnII -and my iPhone- now lie idle.

Wouter

Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    After pure frustration of not knowing when the Centro is coming for AT&T, and my 650 turning very unreliable over the last few weeks, I have come over to the dark side. After my 650 reset/locked up EIGHT, that's right EIGHT times in one day (#8 was in the AT&T store while he was punching in all the data to the computer) - I cried uncle and picked up a Treo 750 at the AT&T store the other day. So be gentle on me if I ask stupid questions. I could make the 650 do whatever I wanted, quickly. Not so much with the 750. Although I like what I see so far.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    not to disappoint anyone but that quote(which I use all the time) has been misattributed to Twain. I always thought it was attributed to Robert Maynard Hutchins- the inconoclastic president of the U of chicago from 1929-1945. The conclusion: somebody said it but whoever said it... it is still a great line
    Im surprised you didn't try the 680 which didn't reset nearly as much as my Treo 650. The 680 had a better user friendly interface and behavior than the 650. Anyways, AT&T just didn't have a 3G PALM OS device so I switched to the 750 too. I seriously think the 650/680's 320x320 resolution screen was way better but its hard to beat 3G internet speeds. My tethered laptop to my 750 is faster than my home AT&T internet dsl!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Physician User View Post
    Im surprised you didn't try the 680 which didn't reset nearly as much as my Treo 650. The 680 had a better user friendly interface and behavior than the 650. Anyways, AT&T just didn't have a 3G PALM OS device so I switched to the 750 too. I seriously think the 650/680's 320x320 resolution screen was way better but its hard to beat 3G internet speeds. My tethered laptop to my 750 is faster than my home AT&T internet dsl!
    I thought about the 680, and trust me - I thought long and hard before I settled on the 750. I knew that the 680 was better than the 650, but it would still be the same Palm OS, which is getting long in the tooth. I started evaluating what programs I would require to run on WM, and realized that most of the programs I had installed were to try and spruce up the UI. Couple that with the 750's 3G, and it was an easy leap to make. Learning the new system after 12 years of Palm OS is difficult at best. But, as my wife will attest - I'm giving it enough attention to learn!
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by elsussman View Post
    not to disappoint anyone but that quote(which I use all the time) has been misattributed to Twain. I always thought it was attributed to Robert Maynard Hutchins- the inconoclastic president of the U of chicago from 1929-1945. The conclusion: somebody said it but whoever said it... it is still a great line
    After doing a little research, it is indeed a Robert Maynard Hutchins quote - and is often misattributed to Mark Twain. I fixed the quote (since it was not correct) and also the fact that it was Robert Maynard Hutchins that said it.
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

StyleTap is a Palm OS emulator for WM that will make the dark side much more manageable.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.