Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Is there a way to change the softkey on the today screen? I would like it to lead to "contacts" instead of messaging.

Thanks
    just one comment here - you do know that in order to look up your contacts, from the Today screen, you don't have any need to open any menus, or press any buttons, at ALL - ?

Just enter some variant of a contact's name, and that contact will be there, for you. Right at the Today screen. With nothing highlighted. No tapping on the find field. Nothing. No 'menu'/'contacts' - nothing.

Just enter part of the person's name you want, WITHOUT having to be in the Contacts mode. Enter the characters, and the contact will be there.

See if that helps at all, and let us know.

(I'm trying to get you to change your idea on HOW you look up contacts -see if you can make the mind shift).
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I guess you are right. Thanks for changing my mind.
    no problem, and also remember this - you can also get rid of that lookup field (Menu/Preferences/Hide Lookup Field), to save some space on the Today screen.

That Lookup field is really superfluous - not needed. It's just there mainly as a reminder, so that people will see that to call someone all they have to do is enter either letters or numbers.

But I've seen people in airports who think they actually have to TAP (with their stylus no less) that field to be able to start entering letters or numbers. That's not needed at all - and I always tell people to just get rid of that lookup field. Outta there. Useless.

and you'll get some space back on the Today screen!
    exactly, I got rid of the look up field first thing. Also if you really want to open contacts from the today screen press the right soft key and use the nav pad to go down the list and select contacts.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Is there a way to change what the soft keys access though??
    yes, you can change them. You need a registry editor and have to chane the values.

If do a search you will find info.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.