Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I am thinking of purchasing a cradle for my 700wx. I am also thinking of an extended battery. Are there any cradles that work with extended batteries? What cradle does anyone reccommend?
    I would only use a cradle made by phone manufacturer. I have the Palm Cradle for my 700wx. Works great and has spot to recharge 2nd battery, but not an extended, bigger one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus661 View Post
    I am thinking of purchasing a cradle for my 700wx. I am also thinking of an extended battery. Are there any cradles that work with extended batteries? What cradle does anyone reccommend?
    I wrote up a review on the Mobi cradles. They should be able to accommodate extended batteries (although the 2400mah Seidio, which is extended, doesn't need a larger door).

Review

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I wrote up a review on the Mobi cradles. They should be able to accommodate extended batteries (although the 2400mah Seidio, which is extended, doesn't need a larger door).

Review
    I purchased this Mobi cradle after reading Malatesta's review. It lasted about two months, and I used it at only at work and not all that often. The power connectors that sit at the bottom of the cradle have fallen down slightly into the base of the cradle itself. So now when I sit the Treo atop the cradle, the plugs don't reach into the Treo to charge it, and it barely holds the device now. So far no response when e-mailing the store...I'll have to give them a call to see if they'll replace it.
    Well hopefully that cradle falling apart was just a lemon.

I am thinking about getting a cradle. But I want one for my work vehicle. I have a home made hanger on the upper area of my dash so I can lay the treo in there and get ok internet reception as I drive around.
    the crappy thing is I have to take my usb/power cord combo and plug it in every time. If I have to asnwer the phone, it's a pain in the arse to have to unplug and then pull out of the hanger.

I'm kinda thinking of getting that cradle to mount up on my dash.

You mention it leaves the speaker exposed, so i assume so is the antenna jack.
    I eventally want to get an external antenna to put up outside my work vehicle so the internet doesn't get so buggy when I drive aroun in the city.

I love internet radio
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
    I purchased this Mobi cradle after reading Malatesta's review. It lasted about two months, and I used it at only at work and not all that often. The power connectors that sit at the bottom of the cradle have fallen down slightly into the base of the cradle itself. So now when I sit the Treo atop the cradle, the plugs don't reach into the Treo to charge it, and it barely holds the device now. So far no response when e-mailing the store...I'll have to give them a call to see if they'll replace it.
    huh, sorry to hear that. as mentioned above, hopefully it's just a lemon.

I'm still using my 3 Mobi's for the 700wx and even the Centro and have had no issues

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I just received my Mobi cradle and it is going back. It is made cheap and will not last long. The part that plugs into the treo when cradling sinks in when attaching the phone and does not make a good connection.

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    Try the Palm cradle - it seems solid to me and I've been using for close to a year now. Connected without issue.