1.    #1  
    I recently did a warranty replacement on a Treo 750 that had WM5 installed. The one that I received in exchange had WM6 installed and I have noticed an issue with the volume. For some reason, even with the volume turned up to maximum level, I am not able to get more than a barely audible sound for event notifications.

I did install the SPB Mobile Shell and Phone suite and to the best of my knowledge, I have the profile set for maximum volume and vibrate.

Is there some other area on the phone that my volume could be restricted?
    Try turning the volume up in Windows Media Player. I know it works, may be your issue also.

I don't know why this is. Very stupid IMO, but its happened to me on multiple WM devices.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! The volume was already at 100%, so I turned it up and down a few times but it's still stuck on the lower volume. Could this be related to the SPB volume issues that I saw earlier last year?

I just can't seem to figure this out
    Could be. You don't have voice command enabled do you?
  5.    #5  
    No, sure don't. I guess I'm going to install that volume fix file for SPB software. If that doesn't work, I'll try uninstalling it and see what happens.
    Im having the same issues with low volume
    <AOL>

(that means "me, too!")
    I have the same exact issue and I dont have anything installed yet. Just plain ol vanilla Treo w/ WM6. Any fix or word on it?
  9.    #9  
    Turns out that the speaker on my replacement phone was defective. AT&T sent me a new one and that solved the issue.