1.    #1  
    I'm sure this is the easyest question ever but i cant figure out how to sync my contacts and calender on vista. i am able to sync my phone but for some reason it wont let me check the boxes for a couple of catagories.

while i have your attention i have one other question as well. i also would like some help syncing my phone via bluetooth. i am able to connect my phone via bluetooth to my laptop, i have done this using PDAnet, however i cant connect it through the sync program even though i have the program allowing bluetooth connections.

P.S i am currently only using office 2003, i dont know if that makes a difference in syncing the contacts.
    Do you have the latest version of Mobile Device Center?

Office version shouldn't matter.

I'm assuming you have Outlook 2003 installed along with Office 2003. But I'll ask.

Go to Mobile Device Center without hooking up you PPC and delete the partnership and start over. Make sure you don't select the 'guest' connection option. Also on you ppc you can open Activesync and check sync settings for you laptop there.

On bluetooth, it's been so long since I set it up, I can't remember. I always told myself I should write it down, but I never did. It took a lot of trial and error. On my Dell, I upgraded to Vista, and I didn't use the Dell/Widcomm Bluethooth software, just the Vista version.
    If I go to control Panels and type bluetooth in to search and open Bluetooth Devices panel. I see my phone there. The properties/services tab says Bluethooth Dialup Networking (Dun) Com 4...(I use PDANet via bluetooth.) But I don't know if com 4 is used. I don't have any com ports listed in the Com port tab.

Like I said, I tried initiating connections from phone, and from laptop....I don't remember, but the key is to see Activesync listed as an available service in your bluetooth settings from you laptop on your phone. Also make sure in Mobile Dev. Center you have the "allow connections from (drop down menu) bluetooth" under the connections setting panel.

Otherwise google and google and try and try. Sorry I can't be of more help.

With PDANet and Vista, I find that if I have connected and then quit activesync and came back later to connect again, PDANet won't see my treo even though it is connected. So I have to exit PDANet on my laptop and restart the program, then it sees my treo and I can connect. Kind of a pain, but as long as it works, I'm happy.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for your help. ive got the syncing problem fixed. its so simple i cant belive i didnt think of it. as for bluetooth i m in that trial and error stage. but ive always had pdanet working.
    Strange, I don't think bluetooth pdanet would have worked for me with bluetooth syncing.
  5.    #5  
    i dont know
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    Do you have the latest version of Mobile Device Center?

Office version shouldn't matter.

I'm assuming you have Outlook 2003 installed along with Office 2003. But I'll ask.

Go to Mobile Device Center without hooking up you PPC and delete the partnership and start over. Make sure you don't select the 'guest' connection option. Also on you ppc you can open Activesync and check sync settings for you laptop there.

On bluetooth, it's been so long since I set it up, I can't remember. I always told myself I should write it down, but I never did. It took a lot of trial and error. On my Dell, I upgraded to Vista, and I didn't use the Dell/Widcomm Bluethooth software, just the Vista version.
    If I go to control Panels and type bluetooth in to search and open Bluetooth Devices panel. I see my phone there. The properties/services tab says Bluethooth Dialup Networking (Dun) Com 4...(I use PDANet via bluetooth.) But I don't know if com 4 is used. I don't have any com ports listed in the Com port tab.

Like I said, I tried initiating connections from phone, and from laptop....I don't remember, but the key is to see Activesync listed as an available service in your bluetooth settings from you laptop on your phone. Also make sure in Mobile Dev. Center you have the "allow connections from (drop down menu) bluetooth" under the connections setting panel.

Otherwise google and google and try and try. Sorry I can't be of more help.

With PDANet and Vista, I find that if I have connected and then quit activesync and came back later to connect again, PDANet won't see my treo even though it is connected. So I have to exit PDANet on my laptop and restart the program, then it sees my treo and I can connect. Kind of a pain, but as long as it works, I'm happy.

Funny thing, I know mine is set up to sync phone numbers and tasks on my work laptop, but I am not sure where it is in my Vista either! I tried looking for it earlier to make a new task (something i never use). But I bet I'd find it if I looked harder.

Anyway, I was going to say, get rid of that PDANet b.s. because it sucks! Once you have the driver installed for Vista turn on MODEM LINK in your Treo and go into Vista to see your treo just go into your network connections and find your treo. Just set it to dial #777 and leave the name and password blank.
    Once you have it set up there was a way that I created a shorcut and put that on my desktop. Once the Treo is plugged in I just double-click that desktop link and it connects. Once connected you can even double click it again to open the connection wondow and watch how much data you are sending and recieving if you are curious on the data throughput speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by paysonbadboy View Post
    Funny thing, I know mine is set up to sync phone numbers and tasks on my work laptop, but I am not sure where it is in my Vista either! I tried looking for it earlier to make a new task (something i never use). But I bet I'd find it if I looked harder.

Anyway, I was going to say, get rid of that PDANet b.s. because it sucks! Once you have the driver installed for Vista turn on MODEM LINK in your Treo and go into Vista to see your treo just go into your network connections and find your treo. Just set it to dial #777 and leave the name and password blank.
    Once you have it set up there was a way that I created a shorcut and put that on my desktop. Once the Treo is plugged in I just double-click that desktop link and it connects. Once connected you can even double click it again to open the connection wondow and watch how much data you are sending and recieving if you are curious on the data throughput speed.

I don't understand what you mean in your first paragraph? You make new tasks/to-dos in Outlook.

Can you explain in a little more step by step how to hook up my phone with Vista?
    nick, can you post some more details?
  9.    #9  
    why do you need help with something. ive got everything fine. the only problem that is left is that when i did a hard reset i couldnt sync it again untill i set it up on xp.
    Because I don't understand your instructions.

Once you have the driver installed for Vista turn on MODEM LINK in your Treo
    How do you do that?

and go into Vista to see your treo
    Go where?

Once you have it set up there was a way that I created a shorcut and put that on my desktop.
    What does your shortcut point to?

Do you have to establish activesync connection first?

Can you give me a numbered or bulleted list of how to do this?

Thanks.
  11.    #11  
    those quotes werent mine i couldnt understand them either
    Sorry. Yeah, I was hoping to get more info out of the other guy.