1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried the new Micro SDIO Wi-Fi from Spectec?

http://www.spectec.com.tw/products_d...ptype=w1sdw823

Looks like it would be good with the adapter for a 750.

Any Windows Version 6 users tried this?

Thanks,
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    It's not shipping yet.

I have the SDW-822 and it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post

Ditto.

(Except for the fact that you can't close the SD cover when the card is in use)
    I would really like a Wi-Fi card with some storage. I also agree that I'm not terribly happy with the card sticking out when surfing.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr View Post
    I would really like a Wi-Fi card with some storage. I also agree that I'm not terribly happy with the card sticking out when surfing.
    Ditto on the wifi card with storage...
    Realisticly, what are the chances of ever seeing a micro wifi card with 2 or more gigs on it suitable for the treo 750? I just want wifi on this thing AND ram, without anything sticking out.

Last year i chose to sell my (few months old) 750 but since i couldn't even get 1/3 of what was paid for it (€650,-) i decided to keep it.

Some of my friends chose the HTC path and they have at least a 2mp camera and wifi going on. Palm is lacking overall.
    Agreed. I think my next smartphone will likely be something from HTC. Touchscreen isn't as big for me as it once was.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Why use that over a mini-SD card It's bigger than a standard micro-SD card so you'll still have the issue of not being able to close the door.
    This wi-fi card supports g, which the 822 doesn't as it only supports b. I think miniSD cards are no longer in production as microSDs now have the higher capacity and smaller size and can be used on miniSD slots with an adapter. As for the door, it's a minor issue really.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    This wi-fi card supports g, which the 822 doesn't as it only supports b.
    True the SDW-822 doesn't but the SDW-825 is a mini-SD card that supports 802.11g
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    It's not shipping yet.

Does anyone know when the SDW-823 will ship? it seems there's been hype about if for years, with no actual release.....
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Years? Really? Maybe months...
    Seems that way, have seen forum posts from '06 with an expected release date of July 07..... maybe a slight exaggeration there! I've emailed Spectec, if I hear back I'll leave a post for anyone else in the itchy position I'm in.....
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    All I know is that Spectec's web page did not show the 823 (nor 825) when I bought the 822 last spring.
    Agreed. I think my next smartphone will likely be something from HTC. Touchscreen isn't as big for me as it once was.
    Wait till treo 850 comes out. I cant remember where I read it, but it was mentioned somewhere on internet that after treo 800w for sprint, next treo will be 850w for gsm phones and it will have 320x320 resolution, wifi, a better camera, processor & memory, and gps... made me start wondering new things I will be able to do with new hardware and same amazing form factor of Palm....
    Does anyone now how to configure SDW 825?