1.    #1  
    ATT has provided me with my PUK codes to unlock my phone, however, it doesn't see to be working.

I put in an old sim and boot. When the "emergency calls only" screen comes up I put in the code ATT gave me and press unlock. It says incorrect every time.

I get the 1/10, 2/10, etc messages, but the count starts over when I take the sim out and reinsert it. Thats whats making me think somethings up.

ATT has confirmed the code based on my IMEI over the phone and in email.

Has anyone had better experience using another method to unlock their 750?

Thanks.
    Various phones + Pocket PC's + Treo 650 (that's been through hell and back) -->Treo 750w
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You have the wrong code. A PUK is to unlock a SIM where the wrong PIN was entered too many times.

You need to ask for the subsidy unlock code, which is 8 digits. When entering the code, I think you have to hold down the function key to get numbers.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.

The ATT reps have done me wrong once again.

I will try again.
    Various phones + Pocket PC's + Treo 650 (that's been through hell and back) -->Treo 750w
    And the subsidy unlock only gives you 5 chances...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    OK, called ATT and first got the same 8 digit number as last time. Told them it didn't work and they said "you may need the second code" and gave me a second 8 digit number.

I put in an old sim and tried both number (separately), neither worked.

FYI, I still got the 1/10, 2/10, 3/10, (timeout) errors.

If I put in my real sim, take it out, and put the old sim in again, the count starts over 1/10, 2/10, etc.

Is their a code (like the ##5#) that will bring up the unlock prompt with the normal sim in it? Or a better way than the old sim? Should I call ATT again and re-verify the codes they are giving me?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Are you pressing the function/numlock key while entering the digits? When you enter, it displays asterisks so it may not be obvious.

I'm puzzled, though - I didn't see any timeout thing displayed when I unlocked mine. As far as I know, there is no way to bring up the prompt other than inserting a "foreign" SIM. And if you've already tried five times, you're hosed - permanently.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks.

I did use the function keys and then used the touchscreen keypad (hoping I was inputting the wrong code).

It switches the asterisk's to numbers once you get to 4/10.

It honestly does restart the count and give me 10 tried every time I cycle the sims- thats what makes me think something else is up.

I'd attach a pic but the only camera I have at work is on the back of my phone.