Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Update... 3.1 version is hosted on ppcgeeks only. too many people there repling there and not here. here is the linky

For all those who are customizing their devices... i made this for you. It will change the operators name everywhere on your device. it will surive a softreset. It has an icon called "Personalizer" in the programs menu so you can change it when ever you want.

no more SprintPCS anywhere on your screen. no more verizon wireless either. customize it the way you want.

This will work with the HTC plugin, spb phonesuite, wisbar, pointUI, slide2unlock... just about everything. If you want your Operators name back... just uninstall it from the add/remove programs. should work on most htc devices, and treos.

enjoy, cody

PS: if you like this... please reply so i know if things like this was worth my time writing. thanks.

cab attached below.

UPDATE... ok, below is the new 3.0 version. This version should work alot better with the HTC Home TodayScreen app. It also now comes with the ability to stop the script when not using it. This new version comes in two flavors. One cab version for the normal people, and One OEM_Package version for those who cook there own ROM's. All the stuff is in zip files below. Please read the ReadMe.txt that comes in the zip file.

NOTE... If you Cook your own roms you will have to have the second package as well. this second package is the Mortscript app that this is build off of.

ALSO I have left version 2.0 up for those who fear change. lol.

Version 3.0 cab file can not be installed anywhere but main memory. it took to long to rewrite it so it could go into an OEM Package. with the size of memory on phones now a days there really is no m=need to install super small apps like this on the sd card. if you want it on the sd card... feel free to rewrite to your likings.

If anyone wants to donate, click here for paypal.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/27/2008 at 10:48 AM.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Hi. New user here. I tried to install this caab, but it keep ssaying installation was unsucessful. What am I doind wrong you think?

Thanks,
    NCC
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NCCamper View Post
    Hi. New user here. I tried to install this caab, but it keep ssaying installation was unsucessful. What am I doind wrong you think?

Thanks,
    NCC
    hmmm, i see you are using a 700w. that device has been confirmed to work fine with the app. i have no idea what is giving you the problem. are you trying to install in to main memory (device) or on to the storage card?

i think something is conflicting with another app on your device. what i would recomend is....

1. back up everything.
    2. hard reset.
    3. then try to reinstall "personalizer" into main memory.

if this works.... there was simply something weird on your phone.

a hard reset is nice to do every once in a while to clean up unused programs. it also helps the device run smooth. when ever you unstall apps there are left over changes that never get put back to the way they were before install. things like registry changes can have all kinds of remains left over.

i do a hard reset too often. lol.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    i'm also getting an "installation unsuccessful" message, and I'm using a ppc-6800. I'll try and play around and see if I can figure out what program is causing the issue.

anyone get this to work correctly on their 6800/mogul since this has been updated?
  5.    #5  
    yes i got people using it on the moguls. try installing it into main memory instead of storage card. this has been the only issue.
    weird....not sure why it's not working for me.

It won't even prompt me where to install, but i install all programs to main memory anyways.

I'm running the kaiser HTC home plugin, led killer 3.0, aeb plus, google maps, no sent message cab, threaded sms, opera, phone pad vibrate, and the sdhc777 cab.

did a hard reset last night and it still won't work.

<scratches head in confusion>
    If I have Treo Alerts on my ppc, is there a way to rotate with this & set rotation speed?? When they are both on it keeps switching back & forth really fast & can't read either.
    Quote Originally Posted by eenballer10 View Post
    If I have Treo Alerts on my ppc, is there a way to rotate with this & set rotation speed??.
    Nope.We really need to add plugins into TA sharing carrier plugin with either scripts.Hannip & Cody were talking about it some time back but I was a little sour on the idea..Bad call on my behalf
    It only shows text?!! Can you add a feature so we get some use out of this space, ie long date etc? I was using TA and it had this function, but don't need all the TA stuff anymore so have uninstalled it and thought this would be good to make use of that space.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by etherial View Post
    It only shows text?!! Can you add a feature so we get some use out of this space, ie long date etc? I was using TA and it had this function, but don't need all the TA stuff anymore so have uninstalled it and thought this would be good to make use of that space.
    personalizer is just a custom text app. if you want something like the date in the carrier bar look for "cDate". that is an app here in the mort forum that will put the date in the carrier bar. xcast also has a version that is just for the carrier bar.

now you can use treo alerts and have the date shown with the reset of the app disabled. couple of different options.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by eenballer10 View Post
    If I have Treo Alerts on my ppc, is there a way to rotate with this & set rotation speed?? When they are both on it keeps switching back & forth really fast & can't read either.

no, if you are using any other app that uses the carrier bar then this app will be at constant battle with it. this app will over write anything with in 2 seconds of a change. this app was for people who dont use the carrier bar for anything.

maybe in a future build of treo alert we will have the personalizer built in. then you could use the rotate feature like you want. right now there is no way of rotating between different apps.
    thats cool I really only wanted the battery info to show but will just get a little app for that. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    maybe in a future build of treo alert we will have the personalizer built in. then you could use the rotate feature like you want.
    That would be the best call...We would need to tap into the exe to make that happen.
    I installed this great app yesterday. But when I started my device this morning after I had it switched off overnight it didn't start automatically. Do I have to do something to make it restart each time I switch my device off?
    Did you install it to main memory or to your storage card? Try installing it in main memory.
    Installed it to main memory it it works. I'm on AT&T and often times my AT&T word pops back in briefly and then goes back to my custom text. Any way to keep that from happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    Did you install it to main memory or to your storage card? Try installing it in main memory.
    Yes I installed it to main memory.
    Should I put a shortcut in the autostart directory?
    In that case, to what file in the Personalizer directory? (It seems like there's several executables there).
    thanks. it's a interesting tool
    I have been looking for this app for a long time. Once I found it, I installed it on Apache and Mogul. Both works. Thanks Cody. Great work!
    Just installed it on a Tilt. Works fine installed on the device.

Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast