1.    #1  
    I just got my slingbox from woot.com in the mail the other day. After opening it i realized that it needs to be hooked up to a cable box or some other form of tuner. i cant pay the extra monthly payment for a cable box. is there any other way?
    Quote Originally Posted by NickPampani View Post
    I just got my slingbox from woot.com in the mail the other day. After opening it i realized that it needs to be hooked up to a cable box or some other form of tuner. i cant pay the extra monthly payment for a cable box. is there any other way?
    Does your TV have video out (I doubt it, but you never know)

You don't have a cable box?
    why don't you just split the signal between the tv and the sling box. with a coaxial cable splitter?
    Form ALWAYS follows function ...umm...except in this sentence...
  4.    #4  
    i do have a cable box but its in the family room and i dont want to interrupt what they are watching.

and as for the slitting a coaxel, that is what i originally planned on doing but then i found out that the slingbox doesn't have a built in tuner so there is no way to select a channel
    They do make a Slingbox w/a built in tuner, check their site.

Just FYI, the concept of a slingbox is to watch your cable box away from home. Not to ADD a cable box. If your cable company charges you per box, a) using the sling tuner and not paying for it is illegal and b) if you have digital cable it will not work anyway.
  6.    #6  
    where did you hear about the digital cable thing
    Digital cable box = 2 way communication. Can't "pretend" to not have a box when your accessing the video feed...