Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just downloaded WM6-AT&T version. Then I downloaded and installed the driver for my 822WiFi card. It connects to my home wireless network with all five bars but when I search for a website, I get a popup screen that says the page cannot be displayed or downloaded because the connection was lost.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You need to disable the AT&T Proxy using the "Proxy Manager" program.
  3.    #3  
    Now I have a worse problem. My phone won't turn on since I installed WM6 unless it is hooked to my computer or a power outlet. Any ideas?
  4.    #4  
    I just looked through the AT&T Upgrade manual and it doesn't tell how to do that? Do you know where I can find directions on how to disable the AT&T proxy? I think I've done it before but don't exactly remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by mable1987 View Post
    I just looked through the AT&T Upgrade manual and it doesn't tell how to do that? Do you know where I can find directions on how to disable the AT&T proxy? I think I've done it before but don't exactly remember.
    There is a program called "Proxy Manager" in Start -> Programs.

Run it... it is completely self-explanatory. No offense meant, but if you can't figure it out when running it, there probably isn't anything anyone can explain in text that would help.
  6.    #6  
    I understand what you mean. I searched the C: drive of my computer for Proxy Manager because I did not find it under Start/Programs. No matches found. At one time, I downloaded a Cingular Disable Proxy program for this phone when I was using WM5. Is that what I need to use? I still have it. Thanks.
    I understand what you mean. I searched the C: drive of my computer for Proxy Manager because I did not find it under Start/Programs. No matches found. At one time, I downloaded a Cingular Disable Proxy program for this phone when I was using WM5. Is that what I need to use? I still have it. Thanks.
    What version of WM6 are you using? Unbranded versions do not come with the AT&T Proxy manager...

Also, there is no c drive on a WM6 platform. you will find the ProxyManager.exe in the \Windows folder. Go there with file explorer and click on it to run it.
  8.    #8  
    Excuse me, I had a duh moment. The Proxy Manager is in the phone, I was looking in my computer. I'm using WM6 that required the serial number of my phone to download, so it must be valid.

The problem I have now is my phone won't turn on so I can't get to the proxy manager. It did this yesterday and I thought the battery needed charging. When I plugged it into electricity the screen came on so I thought that was the problem. Today I tried to use it and it won't come on again. This has only happened since I upgraded to WM6, so am I to assume that is the cause?
    Excuse me, I had a duh moment. The Proxy Manager is in the phone, I was looking in my computer. I'm using WM6 that required the serial number of my phone to download, so it must be valid.

The problem I have now is my phone won't turn on so I can't get to the proxy manager. It did this yesterday and I thought the battery needed charging. When I plugged it into electricity the screen came on so I thought that was the problem. Today I tried to use it and it won't come on again. This has only happened since I upgraded to WM6, so am I to assume that is the cause?
    Weird... I wish I could help you, but I've had no such problem, nor have I heard of it here on the forum. Do you have a bunch of extra stuff installed, and have you done some tweaking?

As for the proxy manager issue, I found the pertinent registry entry, so if you're comfortable editing the registry, just hack the key/value discussed in this thread.
  10.    #10  
    Well, I think my problem was caused by what my husband affectionately terms "operator head space". The reason my phone wouldn't turn on is because it needed an overnight charge. I've been off work and got my charging schedule out of sync.

And you're right, the directions to disable the proxy are so simple a caveman could do it. And also along that line, I am amazed at how easy it is to use wifi now. It just connects right up. I'm even able to connect at work, and I never could before.

Thanks for the help!
    does the card stick out of the side of the miniSD slot, or have they made one that is small and you can close the door?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    It sticks out.
    so it id not case-friendly, at least with the cases I use.
    an expansion microSDHC memory card (with adapter) will not stick out, will it?
    microSD cards (TransFlash) will fit with a micro to mini adapter, and fit with the door closed.
  15.    #15  
    microSD cards (TransFlash) will fit with a micro to mini adapter, and fit with the door closed.
    What exactly is this? A combination storage and wi-fi card?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Just Wi-Fi - no storage.

The SDW-822 is 802.11b and MiniSD. The SDW-823 is MicroSD and b/g, the SDW-825 is MiniSD and b/g

http://www.spectec.com.tw/wlan.htm
    Anyone heard about the eye-fi card at the Consumer Electronics Show? Its a combination ram card (2GB) and wifi card.
    The developer already has a contract with Lexar. Wondering if this could be the best of both worlds for Treo 750 owners like us in the future...

PM
    What exactly is this? A combination storage and wi-fi card?
    I was responding to the previous message about memory cards. Now spectec does make a microSD wifi card ( http://www.spectec.com.tw/products_d...ptype=w1sdw823 ), but it still has an extension outside the regular form factor, and will probably not fit with the door closed.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The EyeFi card is not what you want - it simply syncs pictures taken by a camera with a web service. It does not provide general WiFi services.
  20.    #20  
    I thought Holmes could help me with this. Even though I have disabled the AT&T proxy, if both the wi-fi card and the phone are available, my internet connects to AT&T. To keep from connecting to AT&T, I have to turn the phone off.

I went in and turned off the AT&T proxy as you suggested. Any ideas?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast