Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    check something excellent here:
    http://www.cootek.com

v2 is very promising, huge improvement on v1. make the best sip even better
    Well so far it seems pretty good. With some practice maybe I could get rid of PCM Keyboard. TouchPal seems to have an advantage over PCM with little screens.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I used to be a strong believer that any phone without a hard keyboard is USELESS. However, my beloved Palm Treo broke down and my wife forced me to buy a HTC Touch once she saw it on the TV ads.

I was almost driven crazy until I found TouchPal... OMG, I never expected that I could type on a touchscreen as fast as I did on my full Qwerty keyboard!

Really love this product!
    Quote Originally Posted by lazertack View Post
    I used to be a strong believer that any phone without a hard keyboard is USELESS. However, my beloved Palm Treo broke down and my wife forced me to buy a HTC Touch once she saw it on the TV ads.

I was almost driven crazy until I found TouchPal... OMG, I never expected that I could type on a touchscreen as fast as I did on my full Qwerty keyboard!

Really love this product!
    Whats your secret,,,, or really whats your technique? What do you have the input set to? I deleted touchpal yesterday because I found it to difficult to use. But I find PCMkeyboard to small even though Im using a huge skin on it. I am at least 3 times faster with the hard keyboard but I have a horizontal slider and I am tired of sliding it open.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    Whats your secret,,,, or really whats your technique? What do you have the input set to? I deleted touchpal yesterday because I found it to difficult to use. But I find PCMkeyboard to small even though Im using a huge skin on it. I am at least 3 times faster with the hard keyboard but I have a horizontal slider and I am tired of sliding it open.
    The secret is the mistyping correction in V2. Once enabled that, you could type just like you do in PCM keyboard. You don't need to look at your keyboard but just type. For me it works well.

I also resize the keyboard to a smaller size.
    The secret is the mistyping correction in V2. Once enabled that, you could type just like you do in PCM keyboard. You don't need to look at your keyboard but just type. For me it works well.

I also resize the keyboard to a smaller size.
    What mistyping correction? There is no option by that name.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    While you have TouchPal keyboard shown up, click on the little up-arrow besides the keyboard icon. After 2 sec there'll be a list of input methods. Select the first "Settings..." (or "Options..." in your language), and click "Settings" button again. There's a pop-up dialog, and select "Auto correction mode" to be "Both Horizontal & Vertical". Click "OK" and then soft-reset your device. :-)
    While you have TouchPal keyboard shown up, click on the little up-arrow besides the keyboard icon. After 2 sec there'll be a list of input methods. Select the first "Settings..." (or "Options..." in your language), and click "Settings" button again. There's a pop-up dialog, and select "Auto correction mode" to be "Both Horizontal & Vertical". Click "OK" and then soft-reset your device. :-)
    Thanks. I found it by going into the Settings menu for WM6 and then into the Input category. I'm really liking TouchPal with the auto correction mode turned on. The prediction is fairly accurate. I just wish that it was better with capitalization since it never capitalizes the first letter following a period and punctuation for words like "I'm, I've, don't"
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Thanks. I found it by going into the Settings menu for WM6 and then into the Input category. I'm really liking TouchPal with the auto correction mode turned on. The prediction is fairly accurate. I just wish that it was better with capitalization since it never capitalizes the first letter following a period and punctuation for words like "I'm, I've, don't"
    Well, on my HTC Touch the SMS program does this for me. Anyway, capitalizing a letter in TouchPal is quite easy: just slide up on the button and you're done. For words like "I'm, I've, I'll..." it becomes interesting because you will need to slide up first to get an "I", and then slide down on the same button to get a " ' ". This is quite fun once you get used to it...
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Well, on my HTC Touch the SMS program does this for me. Anyway, capitalizing a letter in TouchPal is quite easy: just slide up on the button and you're done. For words like "I'm, I've, I'll..." it becomes interesting because you will need to slide up first to get an "I", and then slide down on the same button to get a " ' ". This is quite fun once you get used to it...

They have fixed this problem in 2.02. "I" will be auto-capitalized!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    i like touchpal but then its hard to slide finger near the edge of the phone! how do u guys mange to work it out?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    How do I find out what ersion I have?
    re: sliding - it's a hassle, no doubt about it. I just learn to trust suretype as often as possible

re: version - you should be able to see it in the options.