1. IRJ
    ...and I am considering the alternatives.
    Is the 700w/wx equal to or better? Or should I await the 800w?
    The main difference I know of between your 755P and the WX is the OS (I think the memory is the same) and the screen of the WX is a wee bit smaller (240x240). If you want to get used to Windows Mobile, I would go for it.

Personally I would wait for the 800W, but who knows exactly when it will be out, and you need one now (I assume). I think if you get a new one now, your contract will most likely be up or close to it by the time the 800W is out.

but boy does it look sweeeeeeet....larger screen, better BT, I think GPS, wi-fi.....the list goes on!!!! I am holding onto my WX untill the 800W is out!!!!
    get the 800w. should be out real soon. find a loner (someones old sprint phone) until then.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    get the 800w. should be out real soon. find a loner (someones old sprint phone) until then.
    Do you know something I don't??

I would love to get the 800W....if you know any info, do you per chance know what provider(s) will carry it?
    What happened to your 755p? Any chance of repairing it?
  6. IRJ
    Quote Originally Posted by jigwashere View Post
    What happened to your 755p? Any chance of repairing it?

It seems not. It went into terminal looping reboots. Any attempt at hard resetting failed and reboots continued. Sprint authorized repair center gave up! So a replacement is heading my way. I could swap for small additional fee to another phone so that's why I am looking around.
    Do you still have the old one? Chris Short has been written up by quite a few palm blogs as a great source for fixing those PDAs that seem "dead"

Chris Short Article
    Chris Short - Brighthand thread
    Finally got sick of my T700wx - really tried to like it but it was still typical WinBlowz Mobile anything (random resets, etc.) and a battery guzzling brick. Just my $0.02. Moved to another platform (Blackberry) and have been completely happy.