1 1.85%
  • Vodafone, unstable

1 1.85%
  • Other ROM (German, etc), stable

4 7.41%
  • Other ROM, unstable

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    Here's a little poll I designed to see who's happy with their WM6 update from Palm. I'm seeing a lot of new threads with new issues since the update, and I'm honestly a bit disappointed in that fact. Personally, mine runs great for a while, then starts having stability issues. I'll switch to my Blackjack for a few days until THAT has issues, then go back to the 750. Since I have an unofficial wm6 on my Blackjack I don't complain about that one...

Please choose accordingly.
    No real problems for me running the official ROM. Only issue I've seen (but doesn't affect me often) is the bluetooth issue where answering on the treo doesn't auto route to the headset (only answering via the headset does).
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    No real problems for me running the official ROM. Only issue I've seen (but doesn't affect me often) is the bluetooth issue where answering on the treo doesn't auto route to the headset (only answering via the headset does).
    Only issue I have as well...
  4. Zal
    Only issue as well is Bluetooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Zal View Post
    Only issue as well is Bluetooth
    For me personally this isn't an issue. I'm not one to keep my bluetooth headset on 24/7 (and i rarely use one anyways) so when my phone rings and I answer with my treo, then yea I expect the sound to be routed through the Treo, not the headset that can be in a different room. I think it was smart of palm to do this - how hard is it to remember to hit the button on your headset anyways?
  6. Zal
    I use the bluetooth in my car and when I answer a call with the car phone, at times there is no sound.
    I too am starting to think it might have been intentional. If my treo rings and I am in my car when I see the caller ID I can either answer on speaker by accepting the call or hit the green answer button on my Treo and not worry about others in the car hearing the call. However, if it really was intentional the you would think outgoing calls would not be routed to bluetooth automatically so we will probably never really know. I know Palm will not release an update to fix that is for sure.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    With my Treo (official WM6 ROM) and Jawbone both my Treo rings and I'm alerted on the bluetooth earpiece.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    For me personally this isn't an issue. I'm not one to keep my bluetooth headset on 24/7 (and i rarely use one anyways) so when my phone rings and I answer with my treo, then yea I expect the sound to be routed through the Treo, not the headset that can be in a different room. I think it was smart of palm to do this - how hard is it to remember to hit the button on your headset anyways?
    This has only happened to me a couple times and it has always been when I am playing with my phone and I see the notification and hit the button as an involuntary reaction to the notification. When it is in my pocket and I am driving or such, then I always press the headset button
    Quote Originally Posted by sansnil View Post
    With my Treo (official WM6 ROM) and Jawbone both my Treo rings and I'm alerted on the bluetooth earpiece.
    This is normal and not what people are referring to above.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I have a problem with Activesync. I am syncing with outlook 2007. Most of my contacts xfer ok but some mysteriously do not. Also affects calendar entries this way.

Activesync is new to me. Does it work the same way as Hotsync on Palm - meaning you sync to specific databases in specific folders on your PC according to your ID? The only explanation I can think of is I have mangled the ID config somehow.
  12. yud
    wow! another pole for americans (mainly...)

Y.
    Treo 750 WM6 ROM (was 3 Australia, now vanilla) + 2GB miniSD
    Tungsten T3

no longer (thank goodness):
    Dopod 838 Pro
    I've actually had to have more resets with WM6. Usually the phone boogers up when I'm checking email and I have to soft reset.

Then there's the battery issue. It's very inconsistent. One day it will be long lasting and another, has to be on the charger constantly.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by yud View Post
    wow! another pole for americans (mainly...)

Y.
    4 choices are American, 6 are not. Sorry

You have the "other" option for AUS ROM and you can just add to the thread that's what you voted. I am keeping track here!
    Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    so far, ive noticed decreased battery life, but i have exceptional response and faster UI speed
    Lets see... when it works, it works well, and when it doesn't, it is a b*tch.

I have the not routing to bluetooth issue, also.

In addition, I think I may have some instability/interaction caused by the new Sprite backup software... I have the backups on a schedule that backs up every night and of course does a reset every night. I am frequently noticing the phone hanging the whole device during phone calls... usually in the morning. I have to reset often as a result... sometimes when I am in the car driving... not a good thing. ;-(

It is a little peppier and the option to get a larger capacity miniSD card is nice.

It just feels like the Bluetooth got worse not better.

PM
    Had my Treo 750v pre instaled with WM6 for nearly two months now, finding a few niggly things it such as when a call comes in or as i press call on an outgoing number a battery status box appears over the callers ID...OR removes the 'calling' window altogether in the case of outgoing calls, until the connection has been made so it looks like teh phones decided to hang up until you actually here a connection tone in your ear. you can close the box but you have to do it manual with the stylus, the ok button has not effect. it's a pain because it blocks the callers number or photo if your scanning your incoming calls, not good in the car. nobody has found a solution for it yet and i can't track down any settings.
    ANYWAY, my main gripe is that a couple of days ago I found I couldn't receive or send picture messages, it's the first time I tried with this phone. my internet connection is fine, I can browse the web get my emails and send normal texts and I use the phone as a 3G/HSDPA modem for my macbook. but every time i try to send/receive a MMS I get an error saying it won't work. Vodafone phone support found there were no settings listed they could text me and suggested my local Vodafone shop, so today I went to the shop and the guy there tried for half an our fiddling with settings and checking settings on his computer but we still couldn't get it to work. so I now have a phone which does everything it should except MMS which to be honest I don't use often BUT when I was asked by work to take a quick pic and text it to them urgently for reference to something they were working on I couldn't do it (NOT GOOD, I was not popular). so this forums is my last point of hope.