Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Is anyone else getting gibberish text messages? I get several a day on my 750 on AT&T's network.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Not I. Perhaps you have a friend who is "texting while drunk"? (Or someone who has a "wrong number"?)
    none...
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Here:

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/b...essage.id=2536

Evidently it is an Xpressmail problem.
    Do you have an iphone plan?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Ah, the push feature of XpressMail. Right.
    I got about 10 of them today, from 1111470600

the message text is: WVCI 1.1 333

They started when I set up Mobile IM (by following the directions on a piece of paper included in the box with my 750) - In IE, I went to MEdia Net and then to Mail & Messaging and then Mobile IM. I logged into MS IM and did some testing by sending IMs to my husband.

I haven't had any mystery messages in about an hour now....

I don't have unlimited txt msgs, so if they happen again, I will phone AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysun1969 View Post
    I got about 10 of them today, from 1111470600

the message text is: WVCI 1.1 333

They started when I set up Mobile IM (by following the directions on a piece of paper included in the box with my 750) - In IE, I went to MEdia Net and then to Mail & Messaging and then Mobile IM. I logged into MS IM and did some testing by sending IMs to my husband.

I haven't had any mystery messages in about an hour now....

I don't have unlimited txt msgs, so if they happen again, I will phone AT&T.
    You need to go back into that program and log out properly. It happens when you sign into a service (typically AOL) on your home computer after not not signing out properly from the Mobile program.
    I don't use AOL.

I received these messages while I was actively signed in and using the MS IM Mobile program. In fact, the popups for them interfered with me using the IM Mobile program.

I received 4 of them AFTER I signed out from the IM Mobile Program (by choosing "Sign Out" in the Menu).
    I did find this: http://www.howardforums.com/archive/...1105831-1.html

But as I said, I received 4 of them after I signed out, so it's still a mystery.
    Beware using the mobile IM program from ATT.

It uses SMS messages to send/receive, so unless you have an unlimited SMS plan, you can easily go over your allotment.

I would personally log back into the mobile IM client, and sign out of all services. That should eliminate the problem. This was a constant issue for new users with the Blackjacks until people figured out to either ditch the program or sign out properly. I know you say you did sign off properly, but I would just double check...

It happened to me a couple times as well thinking I had signed out, but the program hung while logging out and never sent the info back to the Wireless Village servers (hence the WV prefix on the messages).
    Good advice, Phil, I will double-check.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I have and contacted AT&T. I was told to reply with STOP and since I've done that, they have ceased. Just FYI.