Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I have Treo 750 that I bought thru Craigslist and upgraded to WM6 last month. I have dropped this phone twice before, once from a height of abt 2 feet and another time from a height of abt 10 feet.. second time it was in cover, so nothing bad happened, just a soft reset and phone was working just fine both times. Today however, when I was doing something, my friend hit my hand, and it slipped from my hand, and fell about a feet away hitting chair leg and phone froze. I did a reset, and it was fine, but it froze again after few minutes, did another soft reset and again froze after few seconds... Again did soft reset, but it would stop at green Windows Mobile screen, and wont go furthur than that. Then I removed the battery, popped it back in again and screen turned on but was just black, did the soft reset using styles, it started but froze again on green Windows mobile screen. I removed the battery for about five mins, and now when I put it back in again, lcd screen turns on, but shows nothing but black. Now hardware button lights also dont light up. I keep pressing soft reset button but same black screen. I just cant understand, the phone survived higher falls, but couldn't take a small light hit with a chair leg. Then how did it start first couple of times, but then shows just black screen after removing battery. I didnt buy it from ATT, so I dont any warranty or insurance, and I paid big bucks for this phone, not to mention I am phoneless right now, so obviously now I cant sleep at night thinking abt it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone HELP me, I dont know what can I do to make it work again. Please someone guide me what to do.

    Thanks guys for your tip in advance.
  2. #2  
    sounds like your friend owes you a phone and shouldn't be such an ***...

    you try a hard reset? note that this deletes all your applications and data...
  3. #3  
    I'd also say a hard reset

    Hold the red button pressed while reinserting the battery
  4. #4  
    Hard reset comes to mind also. But you will loose everything!!
  5. #5  
    Have you tried removing and re-inserting the SIM card?
  6.    #6  
    I tried everything and nothing worked. I cant even do hard reset coz pressing and holding power button while pressing soft reset doesnt do nothing, just black screen. Is there any other way to do hard reset??
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by prabhg View Post
    I tried everything and nothing worked. I cant even do hard reset coz pressing and holding power button while pressing soft reset doesnt do nothing, just black screen. Is there any other way to do hard reset??
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    sounds like your friend owes you a phone and shouldn't be such an ***...
    ^^^^
  8. #8  
    It's physically broken. You know, the hardware. There's nothing you can do except replace it, or send it in to get it fixed.
  9.    #9  
    Kind of funny thing, but its back to normal now. Here is what I did in steps. I removed the battery and dropped the phone again on carpeted floor two three times, prayed to God for it to work, popped the battery in again, it started fine and todays screen came, I ran few applications, it all went fine, made some calls and asked friend to call me back, all fine and then I thanked God for saving me lot of $$$ .
    I dont know how, but its working again and not to mention I am very very happy.
  10. elsussman's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #10  
    years ago while taking care of the essentials of life I read a graffiti on a bathroom stall that said "95 percent of the things that go wrong with a piece of mechanical equipment ca be repaired by taking it apart and putting it back together again exactly as it was... the other 5 percent can be repaired with an act of violence.

    I guest this still holds true in the electronic age as well

Posting Permissions