1.    #1  
    I purchased a laptop with vista home premium. I connect my win mobile 6 treo 750 (at&t) to the laptop by usb. I go to wm6 internet sharing under programs to connect to the internet. It gets connected but will not stay connected. It disconnects me periodically on time and data flow. sometimes I connect and it will disconnect me in five second. If i leave it alone and dont go to any websites or load anything that uses the internet I will stay connected. Because I believe it is not really using it. But if I go anywhere like a bandwidth test or streaming site or a graphically intense website I get disconnected to the point of not being functional. I can get connected and load one site and then it will disconnect me then I reconnect and click a link it will load that page and it will disconnect me rinse wash repeat. I've been looking online the last couple of days and I can't find anything that helps. On this forums I see drivers and topics about using 750 as a modem, but they use windows mobile 5 or windows xp. Nothing specifically to help me with my problem. I also maintain a good cellular signal 3 bars. I have contact att, palm, and searched microsoft for help and can't find any. Everyone keeps pointing the fingers at someone else "Your problem doesn't seem to be with our (enter word here) please contact the other guy." Please help me.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    yeah im also having this problem when i use internet sharing via usb cable. i dont have this problem when is use the same set up on my tilt...anyone know what the solution is for this on the 750??? thanks in advanced...
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I have not seen this myself - last month I had my laptop tethered for most of a day and had no problems.

Do you have WM6? Tethering works much better in WM6 than in WM5.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    yeah i am using wm6...what setting are you using...proxy, ics, or did you make your own connection...
  5.    #5  
    I use WM6 also. ATT told me to use the ICS connection, but it doesn't matter. I get disconnected if I use the ATT, ICS, or PROXY. If you made your own connection PLEASE let me know what it was.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I use "ATT". ICS doesn't work for me. Have never tried "Proxy".
  7.    #7  
    It might not mean anything, but what net works are you two trying to connect too? I keep getting a 3G then the H one HSDG or something. Is this the one your having problems with too Rino? Holmes are you connecting to the E Edge network?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    well i have a 750 and a tilt...on the tilt it connects and stay connected using Edge and 3G networks....but with the 750 it disconnects on all Edge, proxy, ics, and att...dunno whats going on...yeah if you guys made your own connection setting and dont get disconnected...please share your setting...
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    It is normal for the large block 3G to become a small block H - that's HSDPA and you'll see that when there is an active data connection, otherwise you'll see 3G.

Typically when I am tethering, I am in an HSDPA or UMTS area (traveling). I have done it from EDGE (my entire state is EDGE-only, where there is coverage at all), but I have no need to tether from here.
  10.    #10  
    So no one has any helpful information that might help us? I am still searching everywhere for an answer it just seems hard to come by.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Godsvalor, well i created a connection in setting, and used my connection...then pick cellular gprs 3g, then for access point type wap.cingular....as for user use WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM...leave pw blank...so far so good no disconnection on edge...im gonna tect it with the 3g network ill keep you all posted...btw i force my phone to use only edge...you can find it in phone setting then goto band selection...hope this helps...

okay so far so good with 3G and Edge, no unwanted disconnecting...
    Last edited by Rino808; 01/04/2008 at 08:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I upgraded my 750 to WM6 a few weeks ago, and ICS worked fine for about the first week, then it quit. It would try to connect, then fail, giving various error messages.

I was using the USB cable with the ICS connection, then changed the connection to AT&T and it started working again. Don't really know what the problem was, because the ICS connection worked fine for the first week or so. By the way, my laptop runs XP.
    I was running into the same issues of disconnecting. I am using Vista Business, 750 with unbranded ROM, connecting via USB and T-Mobile. I found it was ActiveSync that was disconnecting it. I went into WMDC Device settings and unchecked USB connections. Now I can stay connected. I have to recheck it to sync but at least when I need it there is a work a round.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

14.    #14  
    Sorry, I have done everything I can think of and it doesn't work. The USB was the fist thing to check, that wasn't my problem. My problem isn't the connection, the settings, the firewall, drivers or phone. Im just going to shut it all down. A friend has a new WM6 phone from Sprint. With a bigger keyboard. Its time for a change.