1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm lookin' to possibly purchase a TomTom 720 today, but I'm not really finding much info out there on its compatibility with the Treo 750 on AT&T. I realize the TomTom website doesn't list it as an officially supported product, but I'm guessing that there's some things that do work with the BlueTooth connection.

Can anyone shed some light on exactly what does and doesn't work?

-Mike
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    What exactly are you wanting to do? The 720 is a standalone unit so it is not clear to me why it would need to interact at all with a Treo 750. If you are wanting to use the Treo as the display, then you'll need TomTom Navigator 6 software and a Bluetooth GPS Receiver.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwebb56 View Post
    What exactly are you wanting to do? The 720 is a standalone unit so it is not clear to me why it would need to interact at all with a Treo 750. If you are wanting to use the Treo as the display, then you'll need TomTom Navigator 6 software and a Bluetooth GPS Receiver.
    Right, it's a standalone unit with BlueTooth that can handle handsfree calling, SMS messages, and download traffic/weather info and such through the phone. However, the Treo line isn't officially supported with it, even though they have Bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Okay. I'm no expert on bluetooth but many on this forum have commented that Palm's implementation of bluetooth has compatibility issues. So. I'd be wary and wouldn't buy it unless you actually test it out yourself or hear from a reliable source that it works.

I do use TomTom 6 on the Treo 750 with a GlobalSat BT338 bluetooth receiver and have no issues. It is set up to run hands free through the car stereo using a 3.5mm stereo adapter so that I can run it into an aux input.
    I have the TOMTOM 720 and the Treo 750, the bluetooth works fine, callers have said I sound better on it than any other bluetooth device I have used before. The options for data connections (weather) and sms reading do not work or not supported. In addition, when downloading the phone book appears not to work properly either since it never downloads my whole address book just recent callers. I have manually edited the contact file on the TOMTOM 720 so for me it is not an issue. It would be nice if these options would work maybe eventually it will be supported.
    Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    Hi first post,

i use a Holux M1200 BT GPS receiver with my Treo 750 and works well
    I have a TomTom920 connecting with my AT&T Treo750 with the WM6 update and I know what you are talking about. my experience is the same as Bones12V. The 920 has TomTom Plus services which require dial up networking on the phone. (I don't remember if the 720 has this feature or not) Dial up networking has been changed in WM6 so that it no longer works with the TomTom. However I was able to find a file on XDA That restores DUN on WM6 and it works great.

By the way I was able to get my address book synced by connecting my old Cingular 3125 (HTC Star Trek) since the TomTom will allow you to connect with more that one phone.
    Gah -- I asked about BT DUN with regards to the TomTom ONE XL and Treo 750 & got no answers. Haven't tried it yet since my 750 just arrived yesterday & I updated to WM6 last night.

Government Man -- where can one find "a file on XDA that restores DUN on WM6"? It looks like I'm going to need that.
    I got a 750 a few days ago. It had WM5 on it. I was able to pair, use the phone, access TomTom Traffic, and Plus. Now that I've upgraded to WM6, I can't even get it to pair.....

Got mine working. The 750 was seeing it not my name but by Bluetooth chipset number. I did a hard reset of the Go, and now I'm fine.
    Last edited by WMTreoGuy; 01/18/2008 at 10:45 PM.
    WMTreoGuy,
    Did you mean that you got the Traffic to work, or just to get the 2 to pair up? I got the 2 to pair up without a problem but the whole lack of DUN is a real bummer.
    Yeah I got it all to work. I had to goto xda-developers and download the DUN fix.
    That's what I did, too. Once I had the DUN hack installed, my Treo 750 was able to pair with my TomTom & it checks the traffic no problem.

Easy Breezy.

Quote Originally Posted by ladysun1969 View Post
    That's what I did, too. Once I had the DUN hack installed, my Treo 750 was able to pair with my TomTom & it checks the traffic no problem.

Easy Breezy.

Can you hepl me find the file your talking about.... unable to locate..

Sure would be great if it works !!!
    Trowbridge -- I googled on the file name & found it here:

http://www.winmobiletech.com/sekalaiset/WM6_BT_DUN.cab

Hope that helps!