Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. WarDogg's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
       #1  
    Thanks guys for all the help!

    Been nice knowing you!

    I have now buried my Treo!

    RIP

    ...and given birth to my new shiny iPhone!

    Thanks again guys!!!
  2. #2  
    Good luck dude. I might be joining you... someday...
    END OF LINE
  3. WarDogg's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
       #3  
    Lol! ...and you wont regret it!
  4. #4  
    That's cool. I would be going backwards if I got one of those uPhone thingies.....

  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by WarDogg View Post
    Thanks guys for all the help!

    Been nice knowing you!

    I have now buried my Treo!

    RIP

    ...and given birth to my new shiny iPhone!

    Thanks again guys!!!
    Maybe you should have sold your Treo.

    Enjoy those blazing fast data speeds on that shiny iPhone.
  6. #6  
    ............
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  7. #7  
    I'm with you man. For me, it's either iPhone 2 or 800w...whichever comes first.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

    Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
  8. WarDogg's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Maybe you should have sold your Treo.

    Enjoy those blazing fast data speeds on that shiny iPhone.
    Thanks! I do get pretty good speeds, especially with wi-fi!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    I'm with you man. For me, it's either iPhone 2 or 800w...whichever comes first.
    I agree, I never do first gen devices, and the 800w looks sweet!!!!!!

    Whichever comes first (unless iphone2 sucks LOL)!!
  10. #10  
    Yeah, the i2 has to have Exchange Sync & 3G, non-negotiable. MMS, office support and a user replaceable battery would be nice, although I'm sure the former two will be taken care of due to the SDK. I just hope they don't do something stupid like add a 3G radio but remove wi-fi.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

    Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
  11. #11  
    I'm always intrigued by these 'I'm on to something else but thanks for the help and don't you wish you were going with me' posts. I mean really - what's the point with these? It's like driving by your old girlfriend's house with your new gf in the car. Just seems a little childish to me.

    If you're going to something else, fine. Cool. Later. What's the need to come back and let everyone know. Do people do this solely to justify their switch? Just to rile people up? I don't get it.

    (not trying to be scrooge or anything; just trying to understand the mentality of these posts).
  12. #12  
    Johnnymac

    I do believe it has a lot to do with the former Treo user admitting in a round about way, that the Treo beat them.

    In that the former Treo user could not figure out what they did to their former precious. So it has become vogue, to blame the Treo for the users shortcomings by claiming they found their new precious device that is simply a no brainer to operate.

    And so it goes on a Treo related site.

    Mostly, it's just pure entertainment value, in a minor way, to the intellegent Treo user.

    Oh yeah, it appears to be fashionable to wear the red badge of Palm victim hood status.

  13. #13  
    With responses such as [paraphrasing]: "And don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya", no wonder this is the inviting techno-marvel community of the mobile world.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Johnnymac

    I do believe it has a lot to do with the former Treo user admitting in a round about way, that the Treo beat them.

    In that the former Treo user could not figure out what they did to their former precious. So it has become vogue, to blame the Treo for the users shortcomings by claiming they found their new precious device that is simply a no brainer to operate.

    And so it goes on a Treo related site.

    Mostly, it's just pure entertainment value, in a minor way, to the intellegent Treo user.

    Oh yeah, it appears to be fashionable to wear the red badge of Palm victim hood status.

    (Score:5 Insightful)
  15. thegreenman's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    #15  
    This is serious. Is it possible to do anything using only one hand (the one holding it)with the Iphone?

    I mean could I, for instance, carry my coffee in one hand while searching for phone numbers to call or using google maps with the other while walking to the car?

    I have not, as of yet, seen anyone using the Iphone to do anything while multitasking, as we all do on a daily basis.

    If it takes two hands to use it, it's basically useless to me.
    Breadcrumbs:
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Sony Clie TJ35 > Palm Centro
  16. #16  
    I completely agree with Thegreenman. I can't imagine going to another device if I can't use it one handed like my 700wx. I am glad WarDogg likes the iPhone. To each his own. The 700wx is not perfect but it works for me. I know its capabilities and limitations and plan to use it until the 800w is available.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenman View Post
    This is serious. Is it possible to do anything using only one hand (the one holding it)with the Iphone?

    I mean could I, for instance, carry my coffee in one hand while searching for phone numbers to call or using google maps with the other while walking to the car?

    I have not, as of yet, seen anyone using the Iphone to do anything while multitasking, as we all do on a daily basis.

    If it takes two hands to use it, it's basically useless to me.

    I gave up my 700wx for a HTC Tilt and can do a lot one handed since MS Voice Command works as intended with BT. I'm amazed how advance my Tilt is compared to the Treos. I only miss one thing from my Treo and that is the End/Power key function.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Johnnymac

    I do believe it has a lot to do with the former Treo user admitting in a round about way, that the Treo beat them.

    In that the former Treo user could not figure out what they did to their former precious. So it has become vogue, to blame the Treo for the users shortcomings by claiming they found their new precious device that is simply a no brainer to operate.

    And so it goes on a Treo related site.

    Mostly, it's just pure entertainment value, in a minor way, to the intellegent Treo user.

    Oh yeah, it appears to be fashionable to wear the red badge of Palm victim hood status.

    The Treo beat them? The user's shortcomings? Blame the Treo? While I won't answer for the OP, I will say those statements you've made above do contain a small amount of entertainment value (are you eleven?).

    I have a 700w, and talk about shortcomings...I can't even run all the programs on it I would like. And the few programs that I have installed still make the Treo fairly sluggish.

    You must be one of those "intellegent" Treo users.... (Nice spelling)...

    I say "good luck" to those who've moved on from the Treo, and don't mind these posts. They do seem to generate a decent amount of conversation on why people change (and don't change) devices. A good topic of discussion for a forum like this.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreenman View Post
    If it takes two hands to use it, it's basically useless to me.
    So no one else is gonna say it huh? Ok I will.

    (in beavis and butthead accent) "huhhuhhuhuhuhuhuhhu"
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
    The Treo beat them? The user's shortcomings? Blame the Treo? While I won't answer for the OP, I will say those statements you've made above do contain a small amount of entertainment value (are you eleven?).

    I have a 700w, and talk about shortcomings...I can't even run all the programs on it I would like. And the few programs that I have installed still make the Treo fairly sluggish.

    You must be one of those "intellegent" Treo users.... (Nice spelling)...

    I say "good luck" to those who've moved on from the Treo, and don't mind these posts. They do seem to generate a decent amount of conversation on why people change (and don't change) devices. A good topic of discussion for a forum like this.
    OOOOOOOOO

    I must have hit a nerve..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions