1.    #1  
    I've tried installing the 1.15 upgrade several times using two different computers, one Vista, one XP Pro. I get to the point where to where it's actually starting the upgrade (after copying files) and it always fails.
    I did manage to find a folder on my treo after the attempts called "sprntupd" and found a log file containing this as it's last few lines:

"DEC 23 2007 16:45:58 : Exists_OR: File exists:
    DEC 23 2007 16:45:58 : /Windows/SMSBuildPatch.txt
    DEC 23 2007 16:45:58 : Rename: /Windows/TelephonyInterfaceLayer.dll to: /Windows/Spnt_ren_for_del.dllResult: ERROR
    DEC 23 2007 16:45:58 : Unable to Exec OP:
    DEC 23 2007 16:45:58 : DC_Error"

Apparently telephonyinterfacelayer.dll can not be renamed because it's a ROM file.

Any ideas? I've emailed Palm, but no response from them yet.
    Last edited by MrSickle; 12/24/2007 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Nevermind the thread..I misinterpreted the manual *sigh* ..still need a fix for my upgrade
    This may be a long shot, but did you try hard resetting before attempting the update?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  3.    #3  
    I was trying to avoid that at all costs. I have so many tweaks/customizations that I would hate to have to do all of that over again.
    Sorry to say, but applying the update is going to wipe the handheld anyway, so you might as well try it first.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Sorry to say, but applying the update is going to wipe the handheld anyway, so you might as well try it first.
    Applying the update didn't wipe the handheld.