1.    #1  
    I've been reading all the AT&T Official WM6 ROM upgrade threads, waiting for the dust to settle on bugs, etc., and am finally ready to take the plunge (how's that for being overly risk averse!). The problem I have is that I'm not sure what the best way is for me to do the update for my particular situation. Any constructive help on this would be appreciated.

I have a Cingular T750 (1.13-CNG) that I have had since February. It is set up for my work e-mail using Exchange Active Sync (EAS) to access my office's Exchange Server, which I set up over the air (OTA). It has never been connected to a computer (a virgin! :0), and all software I have loaded on it has been done OTA or via the mini SD. I plan to continue to use EAS for my office e-mail after the update.

We just got a new Dell laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium. I intend to use it for completing the WM6 update, but got concerend when the update instructions on the Palm support site told me to download the latest version of Microsoft ActiveSync (4.5), because I don't intend to sync my e-mail to the Treo via the laptop (or any computer for that matter) in the future. I would however like to use BT DUN between my Treo and the laptop following the update.

My questions are:

1. Will installing ActiveSync 4.5 on my laptop impact my ability to re-establish my e-mail to sync with my office's Exchange Server following the update? (I don't want my Treo to be tied to syncing with the laptop).
    2. Would it be better for me to use the boot loader (mini SD) method to install the update?
    3. What exactly is Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) and how is it different from Microsoft ActiveSync?
    4. Will installing Microsoft ActiveSync for this update make it so I can't use WMDC (assuming it is something I would want to use)?

I would very much appreciate some guidance from you very savvy users.

Thanks in advance!!
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You can't install ActiveSync on Vista - you have to use WMDC instead. You misunderstood the instructions. WMDC is basically "ActiveSync for Vista", integrated into the OS. According to Palm, the update will work using WMDC.

See http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...pdate/att.html
  3.    #3  
    Thanks holmes4!! I appreciate you clarifying the difference between ActiveSync and WMDC. Now I can rephrase my first question above as follows:

1. Will installing and using Windows Mobile Device Center on my new laptop in order to do the WM6 upgrade on my T750 have any impact on me re-establishing an Exchange Active Sync connection to my work's Exchange Server for my sole e-mail following the upgrade?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance!!
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Not as far as I know. I have not used WMDC but I know that ActiveSync asks you if you are connecting to an Exchange server and you can separately configure the email application on the 750.