Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Well, we are sitting around with the family for an early Christmas get together and comparing ringtones. Most of the family have Razors. They are swapping ringtones and have sent a few to my Treo 700wx.

I can not figure out how to send ringtones to them!!! I can see them and establish a connection - it only sees them as a dial-up connection.

I do not see how to send a file, except through IR. Can you send a file from a 700wx to a Motorola? Its a little frustrating. Sprint SMS will not let me add an attachement either.....

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    OK - I've answered my own question and will document it here if anyone else is looking. How do you send a Ring tone from a Treo 700wx to a Motorola Razor????

1. I downloaded the MMS app for Sprint. Its not fully integratged with the contact list, but it will send picts and ringtones. Seems to work sending to other networks as well (ie. Sprint to AT&T). Here's the link.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=621

2. To bluetooth to another phone, select a file in file explorer and choose "Beam". I had assumed this was for infrared only, its not. It searches for all bluetooth phones that are available. Select the correct one and it sends the file. The phone user will need to accept. [My test phone - a Samsung A90 did NOT work. The Razor and other Motorola's seem to work fine.]

FYI - I am running Sprints Treo 700wx version 1.15 with the updated BT drivers. Until this week I ran Hannip's BT add-on stack. Great work Hannip, Sprint finally added it in.

Coty