Page 1 of 52 1234561151 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We are confident, *very confident*, that the Treo 800w is coming in the next few months. And we are confident, *mega confident*, that it's going to be a super cool device. Confident enough that we're going to run out and buy one the very day they are available, whenever that day may be. A Windows Mobile 6 Pro device with 320x320 resolution, WiFi, (probably) GPS... *and* you can use the sucker one-handed easily. That mops the floor with Treo 700wx and even makes the Mogul a little nervous.

And we don't even use Sprint! So - we're going to **give the Treo 800w away**. Yes, folks, we're running a contest to give away a rumored device that hasn't been released yet. It's future-iffically rumortastic!

Giving away what might potentially be a non-existent device will, naturally, require a few rules and, er, procedures - get those after the break. The short version is this: In the comments of this post, make a guess about the release date of the Treo 800w. We'll do a random drawing amongst the people who get it right. The winner will receive:

- **A Treo 800w** after it is officially released. If they end up calling it something else, well, let's just say we're giving away the next Windows Mobile device Palm releases for the Sprint Network. Got it?
    - **A 6 gig microSD Card**. Yeah, the WMExperts Store has **6** gig cards now.
    - **Any 2 software titles** from HobbesIsReal's excellent “*Must-Have Windows Mobile Software*” article. Sure, Palm will include some “secret recipe” stuff on the 800w, but you can always make Windows Mobile a little better. We believe in the software in Hobbes' article, you should too.

Full rules and info after the break. We're taking off early for the Holidays, everybody, so consider this contest a gift from WMExperts - one of those “we promise we'll make it up to someday” kinda gifts, but a gift nonetheless. See you Wednesday!

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ru..._giveaway.html

How to Enter

Register and post a reply to this post with a guess at the exact date (just the date, not the time) the Treo 800w will be released. You may guess as many times as you like, but only your most recent guess in this thread will count as your entry.

That's it!

More Rules

One entry per person (i.e. your most recent guess)

Contest will end at midnight the day before an official date is announced by either Palm or Sprint. Which basically means you'll want to settle on a date early, because when we find out officially, well, we'll have to disqualify any posts made that day.

Not open to employees or contractors of Smartphone Experts (sorry to our writers and mods!), Palm, or Sprint (no cheaters!)

Open to US residents only (hey, it's Sprint)

We'll pick the winner randomly from all the posts that get it right or, if none do, from the posts that get closest (assuming there's more than one). “Closest” can be before or after, this isn't The Price Is Right, people.

Hop to it, People!
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 12/21/2007 at 08:53 AM.
    February 15
    February 10
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    (sorry to our writers and mods!), Palm, or Sprint (no cheaters!)
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    2/10/08 It doesn't get too much better then winnning a non-existent device
    March 1, 2008
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Beware the Ides of March!!!

March 15, 2008
    Feb 25, 2008
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Right before my kid's birthday. Feburary 17
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    February 24, 2008
  11. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    1/29/2008

When my optimism isn't rewarded I will be thankful for the ability to guess again!
    Clever strategy, dwg. I should probably think about adding another rule about only being able to guess once a week or something. Otherwise we might see:

Jan 11th: My guess is Jan 12th!
    Jan 12th: My guess is Jan 13th!
    ...and so on.

Or we could rule that your guess must be at least 2 weeks out from the date you posted. Hm. I'll put it to the community - what's a fair way to prevent gaming the system as I just described above?
    February 3, 2008
    January 27, 2008
    I so want to say February 29. I really do. The odds (based on my crappy research) don't seem to go with a Friday launch.

Aw, heck, the odds are against me anyway... right? So yeah, February 29.

Oh, and I like the "your guess must be at least 2 weeks after the date you posted" idea. Keeps it more of a guessing thing than a persistence thing, and it's more fun that way.
    Who's flying this thing?
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    I wanted 1-25-07 but Saturday isn't going to happen so 1-28-08
  17. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Clever strategy, dwg. I should probably think about adding another rule about only being able to guess once a week or something.
    You give me too much credit! I'll be lucky to remember that I posted at all, let alone remember to repost each day.

Your solution of 2 weeks out sounds good to me though.
    3/10/08

All these February guesses are way too optimistic.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    February 12, 2008.
    First question I have to ask is, lets say VZW announces it first like some of the original rumors showed, then what?

With that said I guess March 17, 2008
Page 1 of 52 1234561151 ... LastLast