Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4146474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1029
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I didn't enter a zip code...
    LOL...sprint.com won't let me look at phones without entering a zip code. I guess they don't want me as a customer.

I do see the 800w if I enter Chicago, though.

Edit 2: It's up now in my zip code (ironically, very near Palm HQ)
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    LOL...sprint.com won't let me look at phones without entering a zip code. I guess they don't want me as a customer.
    Nice...

Still not showing up in your zip code?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    $20 says Sprint/Palm don't even make an announcement. I would say that the phone finally being listed on the website means it is officially available for Sprint.

Or maybe I'm just thinking that cause I might have a chance to get rid of this broken Mogul that Sprint refuses to help me with cause they shipped 4 deffective units then told me I abuse my insurance
    Palm's definitely keeping their head down and low on this one! My guess is they will wait two weeks from tomorrow (Monday) to announce this new beauty to avoid competing with all the media buzz (noise?) surrounding the recent 3G iPhone release.

So, 7/28 it is!
    "...Contest will end at midnight the day before an official date is announced by either Palm or Sprint. Which basically means you'll want to settle on a date early, because when we find out officially, well, we'll have to disqualify any posts made that day..."

What if there is no announcement?

I'll stick with my earlier 7/10 guess, based upon there being no announcement and that being the first date is was actually offically and honestly available at some locations.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    July 14 is my guess.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Ok, just read the rules, so my guess is changing to july 28
    Monday July 14, 2008
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    you can't guess anything before Jul 27 per the contest rules (2 weeks)

Also, I assume there is enough internal Sprint things out there floating around, plus a global website launch, to where today is pretty obviously the 'official' release date.

I got a feeling that you guys will probably be waiting for an official announcement, but it's kinda a bad spot for us 13th people because the 13th is clearly the official date, yet since it's a Sunday there is probably no one working the press room till Monday, meaning the device came out today, but wont get a press release till tomorrow, which kinda makes it a guess the Treo 800w announcement date and not the release date. Sunday releases are always like that. If you look at Sprint and Palm's Press Kits pages, neither of them have ever made a Sunday press release, and no Press release ever talks about yesterday, so tomorrows release will say 'today'.

-Anthony
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    How to Enter

Register and post a reply to this post with a guess at the exact date (just the date, not the time) the Treo 800w will be released. You may guess as many times as you like, but only your most recent guess in this thread will count as your entry.

That's it!

More Rules

One entry per person (i.e. your most recent guess)

Contest will end at midnight the day before an official date is announced by either Palm or Sprint. Which basically means you'll want to settle on a date early, because when we find out officially, well, we'll have to disqualify any posts made that day.
    Ok, admittedly, I am a bit biased as I picked 7/13. But, if you read the official rules, it does say "exact date (just the date, not the time) the Treo 800w will be released" as well as "Contest will end at midnight the day before an official date is announced by either Palm or Sprint.". Now if Sprint posts the phone on their site, to me, that is an official announcement of availability.

I am not complaining because, hey...this is a giveaway...a freebie, and I am not the only one who would even be eligible. Still, the fact that I guessed this date in March and have been super excited since the news hit that it would be released on 7/13, has made today kind of anticlimactic.

Thanks for the contest anyway Dieter and Mal! Keep up the great sites!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Well, gjlowe, if they do decide to consider today the date due to the Sprint inside information / official online addition, then it would be between yourself, me, al3azim, xete02 and Doc31. That's a 20% chance for the each of us, those are darn good odds, probably the best odds I've ever had in any sort of contest ever, so here's to hoping they do decide today, and best of luck to you and the other 3 (as well as myself =D) if they do choose today.

-Anthony

p.s. now that you mention it, the exact quoting is "exact date (just the date, not the time) the Treo 800w will be released". I know it was sold early through TeleSales, but posting an item on your website for sale is deff releasing it, regardless of an announcement :-p
    Last edited by tpmwr; 07/13/2008 at 08:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    July 13th is considered cheating ....NOW (freak4fdell and dmchen are cool)
    How do you figure?....freak4dell and I also picked that date.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpmwr View Post
    Well, gjlowe, if they do decide to consider today the date due to the Sprint inside information / official online addition, then it would be between yourself, me, al3azim, xete02 and Doc31. That's a 20% chance for the each of us, those are darn good odds, probably the best odds I've ever had in any sort of contest ever, so here's to hoping they do decide today, and best of luck to you and the other 3 (as well as myself =D) if they do choose today.

-Anthony
    Yeah, you missed me and dmchen, so I'm going to go ahead and assume you missed other people. So now you're down to a mere 14.2%. That goes down even more if I'm right and you missed more people. Then again...these are still the best odds I've ever had, and probably the same for you, so it's all good.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Yeah, you missed me and dmchen, so I'm going to go ahead and assume you missed other people. So now you're down to a mere 14.2%. That goes down even more if I'm right and you missed more people. Then again...these are still the best odds I've ever had, and probably the same for you, so it's all good.
    Did you pick the 13th BEFORE or AFTER the post stating that it was now off limits? Many, many people have ignored that post and picked the 13th after the fact...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    They both picked it after it was leaked by Sprint, but before Dieter announced it on the site. I didn't read the post Dieter made well enough. So it is now 7 people total instead of 5. Either way unfortunately since the release date is a Sunday and Press Releases come out on weekdays, we don't have any shot anyways since they are going by announcement date. :-p
    Quote Originally Posted by tpmwr View Post
    They both picked it after it was leaked by Sprint, but before Dieter announced it on the site. I didn't read the post Dieter made well enough. So it is now 7 people total instead of 5. Either way unfortunately since the release date is a Sunday and Press Releases come out on weekdays, we don't have any shot anyways since they are going by announcement date. :-p
    Indeed... If they were going by the date the phone was available I'd be in the running... *sighs*
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    So the other question is what if the press release comes out Monday and states that the release date was 7/13? Is the winning date the date they make the announcement, or the date they release the device ACCORDING to the announcement?
    I'm sure if the release says 7/13, then they'll honor that date.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Oh well. I guess 7/14 is the date. Congrats to those who selected that day.
    http://investor.palm.com/pressdetail...leaseID=321781

SUNNYVALE, Calif. & OVERLAND PARK, Kan., Jul 14, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq:PALM) and Sprint (NYSE:S) today introduced the Palm(R) Treo(TM) 800w, Sprint's newest smartphone with Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional.
    No mention of yesterday.