Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    we're confident enough that this thing is coming to start a forum on it, aren't we? Yes, yes we are.
    What's that actual specs? Spill the beans, man!
  3.    #3  
    I don't know for sure, but the rumors have pretty much settled on :

- about as thick as the centro but with the height and width of a 755p
    - windows mobile 6
    - 320x320 screen
    - WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS (though sprint might not "enable" it at launch)
    - with any luck at all, processor and memory on par with the Mogul.
    YES! Silly Season!!!
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    - with any luck at all, processor and memory on par with the Mogul.
    Ouch! I would hope it could a little better than that! A flagship device these days need at least 128MB RAM.

Surur
    Wm6 demands at least 128mb. The mogul really has some fairly severe memory issues. I was soft resetting a couple times a day when I had it.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Wasn't it kinda/sorta reported earlier than the 800w had 256mb RAM & 256mb ROM?

I'd personally count on wi-fi being more likely to remain part of the equation than GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    Wasn't it kinda/sorta reported earlier than the 800w had 256mb RAM & 256mb ROM?

I'd personally count on wi-fi being more likely to remain part of the equation than GPS.
    I'm sure that 256 MB RAM is just a misunderstanding. WM could not use that much RAM in any case. Palm probably did what they usually does, and only specified the amount of storage flash (256MB). Did they ever acknowledge the 32 MB ram in the 700w for example.

Surur
    If the RAM is "on par" with the Mogul, I'm keeping my 700wx until 2010 or getting used to the Touch's keyboard.

The wx has a healthy 50MB free RAM, the Mogul has 26.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Man what a dissappointment would it be if it shipped with anything less than 128mb ram. I really hope Palm doesn't screw this up again.
    The *only* reason the Mogul shipped with that little memory, according to Sprint themselves, was because the device was originally WM5 (if you remember early screenshots, it confirms this). They later bumped it to WM6 (hence the delay) but did not change the memory specs, which they now admit was a mistake. This was all from Sprint in their Buzz forums.

I highly doubt the 800w will ship with anything less than 128mb. Heck, even if it did have as little memory as the Mogul, Palm's optimizations would still give you more available RAM than the 6800.

Also, the person who leaked the shots did confirm the 256 RAM issue, since I had thought it was a mistake too. He said though he was confident in that it had 256 RAM/256 ROM. We'll just have to wait.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Mal is that the same reason for the Verizon, Bell, and other versions? Also wasn't the 6800 also suppose to have like 256ram what happened with that?

On the topic of the 800w wasn't WiMax rumored for Sprint and disabled on Verizion? Also do we know if Spirnt is getting it first or is it Verizon like it was rumored back in May?
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    Mal is that the same reason for the Verizon, Bell, and other versions? Also wasn't the 6800 also suppose to have like 256ram what happened with that?

On the topic of the 800w wasn't WiMax rumored for Sprint and disabled on Verizion? Also do we know if Spirnt is getting it first or is it Verizon like it was rumored back in May?
    Verizon is having nothing to do with WiMax and Sprint is supposed to get it first but that could change.
    at&t iPhone3G
    They basically all ordered the same version, which HTC had available. I'm not sure what it'd take for HTC to make a new version, with a new chipset for the RAM, but evidently none feel it is necessary. But I never heard it was suppose to have 256 RAM.
    It was speculated about WiMax back in March when Engadget ran a story about a new device from Palm + Wimax. Then again "several projects" have been axed at Palm recently with Rubenstein, so who knows if that was one of them or what.

I have no idea about Sprint or Verizon first, but my money is on Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Verizon is having nothing to do with WiMax and Sprint is supposed to get it first but that could change.
    No, what I read(on here) was here that the VZW version may have the WiMax chip or what not in it, but it will be disable for their company. You think we might see something from Palm at CES? Maybe a US version of the 500?

And as for the 6800 for VZW I think there was a picture floating around showing it had that much ram or was it rom.
    Last edited by bloodycape77; 12/21/2007 at 09:14 PM.
    Anyway people, this is Palm we are talking about here. P A L M. What is more likely - too much or too little RAM?

64 MB confirmed....

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 12/22/2007 at 03:16 AM.
    We may get lucky and get 96mb of ram?

You saying 64mb usable(free) or just there?
    We may get lucky and get 96mb of ram?

You saying 64mb usable(free) or just there?
    64 MB RAM, 23 MB free.

The optimizations in WM5 was an accident, merely due to Palm trying to save money and squeeze WM into 32 MB in the 700w. I doubt they will carry that effort over into WM6.

Surur
    I sincerely hope it has a far better processor than the Mogul. The mogul was so slow...
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    64 MB RAM, 23 MB free.

The optimizations in WM5 was an accident, merely due to Palm trying to save money and squeeze WM into 32 MB in the 700w. I doubt they will carry that effort over into WM6.

Surur
    C'mon Surur...
    • Why does my 700wx have 42mb free RAM?
    • WM6 is already out from Palm on the 750--same OS optimizations, so most of the work is already done.

I think this is a clear case of you spreading FUD, since you have no inside info in this matter--it is no secret you don't like Palm and relish at them failing.

This isn't HTC we're talking about, Palm won't make the same mistakes over and over like they do in regards to RAM--not with Rubenstein overseeing product execution (before Elevation, it was quite a possibility though).

In fact I'll put a wager down: we'll have at least 40mb of free RAM, probably more.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 12/22/2007 at 01:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast