1.    #1  
    Folks,

I am having intermittent issues with Internet connectivity.

Would someone please tell me what the correct setting are for a 700wx on a Sprint Network?

I have very strong EVDO signal. What I am looking for is the correct settings for the Connections setting on the Connections Tab under Settings from the Start Menu.

Thanks
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by RHinNC View Post
    Folks,

I am having intermittent issues with Internet connectivity.

Would someone please tell me what the correct setting are for a 700wx on a Sprint Network?

I have very strong EVDO signal. What I am looking for is the correct settings for the Connections setting on the Connections Tab under Settings from the Start Menu.

Thanks
    I verified that the setting on my phone are correct with Sprint Tech Support. I actually got a very good technician that was willing to take the time to #1 Listen and #2 Offer some good information.

Through out conversation the tech and I narrowed the issue to a possibly corrupt registry. We also narrowed the issue down to what is happening.

Seems that IE is not actually closing entirely. Even though it appears to not be running. What I can do to temporarily fix the issue is to hit the EVDO icon in the status bar and manually disconnect the connection. Then any site or application that requires connectivity will re-dial the connection and it works every time. Seems that if I use the internet in the next half hour or so all works. But at some point IE thinks it is still connected, and the 700WX thinks it is connected too but is not. Therefore a simple manual disconnect will "reset" things.
    I doubt it is the registry. you could always hard reset to confirm.

This sounds to me like a Sprint network issue. I have experienced similar and was lucky to have it go away.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I have found in the past 2 months or so that the only way to get things going was to do the disconnect method. It's relatively recent....and it's a pain in the arse.

I think it's a sprint thing. A friend just got a new 755P for the evdo. she says it just sits there until she resets.

Not sure what causes it....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    I doubt it is the registry. you could always hard reset to confirm.

This sounds to me like a Sprint network issue. I have experienced similar and was lucky to have it go away.
    To confirm a hard reset will not fix the issue. So I am pretty sure it is a Sprint Network thing.
    I have recently noticed this problem as well. I thought since I switched to a SERO plan a few weeks ago that was reason (screw the employees if the network of paying customers is busy).

Whats strange is that it goes through the steps and connects to the network but then will not get email or load a web page. After I turn the phone off and then turn it back it works again.
    I can also say my 700wx does this too.

I have been using the DISCONNECT option, and it fires right back up.

Strange how this just started though. Seems like the network times out your IP after inactivity. Everytime I reconnect though, I get a different IP.

Maybe SPRINT is trying to free up bandwidth or something.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    I can also say my 700wx does this too.

I have been using the DISCONNECT option, and it fires right back up.

Strange how this just started though. Seems like the network times out your IP after inactivity. Everytime I reconnect though, I get a different IP.

Maybe SPRINT is trying to free up bandwidth or something.
    Don't know if Sprint is trying to save bandwidth as several times I have noticed that I had been connected for many, many hours even though IE was closed and nothing running.

This too just started fairly recently.
    I don't think it is a bandwidth saving issue either. I use power hero to save battery and it disconnects the internet after 5 minutes when not in use. I connect often to check email because it doesn't stay connected and I have random trouble connecting.
    I am having the same problem so I am glad it is not just me. Hopefully sprint is working on this.

Mine seems to come back on when I turn the radio (phone) on and back on.
    Check out my site.

Http://www.paulrobbins.net
    This connection problem is driving me crazy on my 755p. I wish I could report that simply disconnecting ALWAYS fixes the problem, but I don't think so.

Does anyone know of an app that automatically disconnects and then reconnects every xx minutes? At least this way I would still get Chatter updates every xx minutes and it wouldn't constantly try to connect.
    (Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, I didn't know where to post....)

Seems the same thing is happening to me and I also have SERO)

I have an HTC Touch and live in Chicago. On friday, I noticed that my battery was draining really fast and my phone was getting really hot. Then I noticed that the little arrows by the EV box were always lit. I tried to get on IE and it would say connecting and then locating but then would get stuck on locating. Nothing would load. anything that needed an internet connection would not load at all. Once I went into the connection manager and killed the data connection and restarted IE forcing to to connect again, my phone would connect to the internet and be fine for about an hour or so (sometimes less, sometimes more). Then, same thing...stuck on locating.

I called sprint twice and both times they said everything looked good from their end and thought it was the device. I brought it to a sprint tech store and they looked at it and said they didn't know.

I tired a hard reset and the same thing was happening with nothing on the phone.

Now, I can only think it has to do with Sprint's servers. [I tried to change my DNS servers to open DNS but they won't stick. Anyone know how to change them in the HTC touch? I think that is the culprit, that sprint's servers are bad and causing my phone to have to try and constantly connect and draining my battery.]

Anyone know any other good work arounds?

Side note, I made a new connection called New DNS, used #777 as the number, plugged in my username and password from sprint.com and used OpenDNS servers and this seems to work ok. Is there a chance I will get charged by sprint for doing this???

Thanks in advance!!!
    if you just changed the dns servers you will not be charged for it.. is up to you which dns servers you want to use