1.    #1  
    I am trying out Pocket Hack Master on my 750 w/ WM6...

I was wondering if anyone else has tried it that would like to share their opinions/experience with it, etc.

Right now, I can allow it to scale up to 389 MHz from the normal 300 MHz speed of the CPU, while still seeming stable. I had enabled 400 MHz, also, but ran into lockups forcing a soft-reset. I am also allowing scaling down... I am wondering if scaling down can save on battery life or if I might see a negative impact from that.

Appreciate any feedback...

PM
    the device has dynamic speed control. it already drops the speed of the cpu to save power. why introduce an unreliable software layer over that?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    the device has dynamic speed control. it already drops the speed of the cpu to save power. why introduce an unreliable software layer over that?
    As specified where? Never seen that reference before, unless you're only talking about the data connection throttling between '3G' and 'H'.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    As specified where? Never seen that reference before, unless you're only talking about the data connection throttling between '3G' and 'H'.
    talking CPU speed, not download speed, right?

I would have assumed the 750 had it as most PDAs chipsets support dynamic clock rates to save power. I recently tried cLaunch, a today screen plugin. It allows you to monitor cpu speed. I saw mine vary between 300 and 85 MHz routinely. This is typically done to save power.
  5.    #5  
    Ok, what about speeding up beyond 300Mz?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    talking CPU speed, not download speed, right?
    Just clarifying.

I would have assumed the 750 had it as most PDAs chipsets support dynamic clock rates to save power. I recently tried cLaunch, a today screen plugin. It allows you to monitor cpu speed. I saw mine vary between 300 and 85 MHz routinely. This is typically done to save power.
    Any reference to the chipset you're speaking of that throttles itself like you describe would be appreciated.
    Arm 9, Arm 7 for starters, those I have looked at.