Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Credit to "mikeinet" from TC, as per the 750 forum. Let me know if it works w/the wx, I don't see why it wouldn't

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=158101
    wow who doesn't know 750 is gsm
    IIRC Navizon will work with both!

Will have to give this a try.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by houdini13 View Post
    wow who doesn't know 750 is gsm
    Relevance?

Notice how I put AND LIVE SEARCH in caps, now those who prefer LS can use it with some GPS assistance w/o buying a receiver. Google maps is no longer the only option
    I'm on CDMA / sprint.. no GSM options = no GSM service = no my location ... yet
    so i can just install this in my WX and use google maps and it will work? or is there something else involved?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpeace View Post
    I'm on CDMA / sprint.. no GSM options = no GSM service = no my location ... yet
    Navizon works with CDMA, this thread is not about google maps' my location feature. You can use this with your wx (I think so at least)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by derrickmd18 View Post
    so i can just install this in my WX and use google maps and it will work? or is there something else involved?
    Read the thread I linked, mikeinet posted step-by-step instructions
    I'll try this tonight, looks interesting, I don't see why this wouldn't work, it looks like we are over-riding the googlemap looking for GPS with another tower locator type of system.

Very interesting....I will post results tonight Heh Heh Heh!!!!!!!!

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    In the step-by-step instructions, it is stated to change some settings in:

Start -> settings -> external GPS.

There's no such thing on the w/wx. This might be a WM6 unique feature, so only on the 750? I can't see a way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    In the step-by-step instructions, it is stated to change some settings in:

Start -> settings -> external GPS.

There's no such thing on the w/wx. This might be a WM6 unique feature, so only on the 750? I can't see a way around it.
    It is there, it just looks a bit more like this:

Start -> settings -> GPS

when you click on that, you are in the Program tab, and the only choice on that screen is to change the port, so that part seems OK.

I can't wait to test this myself later!!!!
    yeah on 700wx with sprint it doesn't work well for me. First of all I can't check the 'load output port into driver memory'. If I check that it will crash when I try to 'start' it with some errors that mention something about a possible shortage of memory even though i have 30m/30m storage/ram available. Without checking that box it seems to work on port 0 or 4 but not 7 (the only options I have listed). The accuracy is worse than horrible in the st. louis location. I'm in downtown st. louis now and it is saying that I am near a tower 40+ miles away in illinois. Weird.

It is set to update location every 10 seconds (LOTS OF DATA USAGE) and will probably eat the battery quickly.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Actually no, there is no "GPS" in the setttings or program windows, on a 700w (latest verizon update".

BUT... there's a simple registry hack to show it:

HKLM>Control Panel>GPS settings - edit to make a new string called "show" - edit the value to 1 (binary), then edit the "hide" string to a value of zero. Soft reset and now "GPS" magically appears in the settings window.

Now why would they hide this in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    Actually no, there is no "GPS" in the setttings or program windows, on a 700w (latest verizon update".

BUT... there's a simple registry hack to show it:

HKLM>Control Panel>GPS settings - edit to make a new string called "show" - edit the value to 1 (binary), then edit the "hide" string to a value of zero. Soft reset and now "GPS" magically appears in the settings window.

Now why would they hide this in the first place?
    Ah....there is a difference between the W and the WX there? My bad....I guess I shouldn't assume....sorry

Did you (or anyone else) get this going on the W/WX yet?
    I'm getting that driver error too. Not worth it for now. Annoying. how could I not have enough memory after resetting when it SUGGESTED I reset?
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by houdini13 View Post
    yeah on 700wx with sprint it doesn't work well for me. First of all I can't check the 'load output port into driver memory'. If I check that it will crash when I try to 'start' it with some errors that mention something about a possible shortage of memory even though i have 30m/30m storage/ram available. Without checking that box it seems to work on port 0 or 4 but not 7 (the only options I have listed). The accuracy is worse than horrible in the st. louis location. I'm in downtown st. louis now and it is saying that I am near a tower 40+ miles away in illinois. Weird.

It is set to update location every 10 seconds (LOTS OF DATA USAGE) and will probably eat the battery quickly.
    UPDATE! I logged in to navizon.com and set up my 'home area'. After I did that and restarted navizon on my phone, google maps and windows live started to work much better. Now the accuracy is much improved although still not perfect by any means. Still pretty neat though. It does kill battery quick.

So again, to get it to work on my 700wx with sprint, I did not check the 'load output port into driver memory' checkbox and had to set my 'home area' on the navizon website once logged in. I can use both com 4 or com 0 on my 700wx
    Well....I have already set my home area (and there are a LOT of signals in that area), so I am as far as I can get from here, I will test out the rest later ans see what happens.

I wonder if setting the 'Home area' helps it hone in on your location? If so....what happens when you travel? Would you have to stretch out/move your home area, or would it get flukey on you?

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmm!!!!!
    I can't get it to go!! I have tried every setting I can think of. I will keep playing with it, but so far...no go!!
    I've been playing around with this and so far no go. it says that the ports can not be the same. which doesn't make any sense to me. I've been using navizon by itself for now and even that doesn't work to well. I set my location on the website which shows towers all over the place however when I track my location it shows me as almost 50 miles away from where I am. and this morning it is now saying that it can't find me at all. wish sit would work. would be pretty cool.
    I can't even get a location at all in navizon, I can't get any of the first port settings to take, when I hit start with any setting othere than none, the app won't start at all. I have to set: Output Port: COM9 after I start the app, so I am not sure if it is even working. (P.S. I don't even have an option for 9, I have (I think) 8,6,4)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast