Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53
  1. JazJon's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    i followed everything step by step and I get "no location found". I'm on "H".
    Here's the answer

    http://www.navizon.com/faq.asp#no_po...ng_information
  2. #22  
    Yes, auto start definitely works if you install to main storage.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  3. JazJon's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #23  
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    How accurate is it? Google maps gives you an approximate location within 1500 meters. Is this method more accurate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Well, it uses the same methopd so I wouldn't expect precise results.

    The BIG thing about it is being able to stay on 3G, so you won't miss phone calls, maps load faster, etc. Plus you can use LiveSearch with it, which I prefer slightly over google maps.
    The FAQ I posted in my last post leads me to think they Navizon has their own data base of tower info. Maybe this is why I get better results? (than google alone)
    http://www.navizon.com/faq.asp#no_po...ng_information
  4. #24  
    looks like navizon eats up about 3 meg of ram (not storage, don't have that figure). heavy price to pay...
  5. JazJon's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    looks like navizon eats up about 3 meg of ram (not storage, don't have that figure). heavy price to pay...
    Yeah you're right, I dont mind launching navizon first manually, I'm going to just leave it on my SD card.
  6. JazJon's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by driazen View Post
    Sigh too bad I live in the sticks and dont have any close mapped towers. So can I load the app on my pc, connect a serial gps and map out my town for myself?
    Correct, looks like they even pay money for people that help out enough

    http://www.navizon.com/faq.asp#no_po...ng_information

    http://www.navizon.com/phpbb2/index.php
    Last edited by JazJon; 12/18/2007 at 11:11 AM.
  7. PSB22's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #27  
    So the problem is this...
    In start > settings, there is no "external GPS" icon.
    What to do? Is this a WM6 feature only?
  8. JazJon's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    So the problem is this...
    In start > settings, there is no "external GPS" icon.
    What to do? Is this a WM6 feature only?
    I think the Windows managed GPS option is in another location for Windows Mobile 5. Check the other system tab etc.
  9. #29  
    yeah on 700wx with sprint it doesn't work well for me. First of all I can't check the 'load output port into driver memory'. If I check that it will crash when I try to 'start' it with some errors that mention something about a possible shortage of memory even though i have 30m/30m storage/ram available. Without checking that box it seems to work on port 0 or 4, but not 7 (the only options I have listed). The accuracy is worse than horrible in the st. louis location. I'm in downtown st. louis now and it is saying that I am near a tower 40+ miles away in illinois. Weird.

    It is set to update location every 10 seconds (LOTS OF DATA USAGE) and will probably eat the battery quickly.

    UPDATE! I logged in to navizon.com and set up my 'home area'. After I did that and restarted navizon on my phone, google maps and windows live started to work much better. Now the accuracy is much improved although still not perfect by any means. Still pretty neat though. It does kill battery quick.

    So again, to get it to work on my 700wx with sprint, I did not check the 'load output port into driver memory' checkbox and had to set my 'home area' on the navizon website once logged in. I can use both com 4 or com 0 on my 700wx
    Last edited by houdini13; 12/18/2007 at 03:36 PM.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    So the problem is this...
    In start > settings, there is no "external GPS" icon.
    What to do? Is this a WM6 feature only?
    START>SETTINGS>SYSTEM
  11. JazJon's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by houdini13 View Post
    yeah on 700wx with sprint it doesn't work well for me. First of all I can't check the 'load output port into driver memory'. If I check that it will crash when I try to 'start' it with some errors that mention something about a possible shortage of memory even though i have 30m/30m storage/ram available. Without checking that box it seems to work on port 0, 4, or 7 (the only options I have listed). The accuracy is worse than horrible in the st. louis location. I'm in downtown st. louis now and it is saying that I am near a tower 40+ miles away in illinois. Weird.

    It is set to update location every 10 seconds (LOTS OF DATA USAGE) and will probably eat the battery quickly.
    For the 700 crashing, report this to the navizon forum so you can have them work on a fix. They update often and are squashing bugs left and right for all devices.

    Here's a post with the 700w being miles off and crashing
    http://www.navizon.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1514


    For accuracy someone in your area needs to start reporting info back to Navizon your various towers out there. (it's a peer to peer mass user effort)

    http://www.navizon.com/FAQ.asp#no_po...ng_information
    (see green area)

    San Francisco is fantastic so far.
  12. mszatny's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    #32  
    I seem to have Navizon set up properly, but I am getting "No Location found"

    I check the Navizon coverage area and it shows several cell towers near my current location.

    Any ideas?

    MS
    <img src="http://users.netropolis.net/mszatny/pics/bevo.gif" border=0>
    The Woodlands, TX

    Palm Pro > PalmIII > Visor Prism w/Omnisky>SPCS Treo300 > SPCS Treo600 >
    SPCS Treo650 > CNG Treo650 > Copper Treo680 > ATT Treo750 WM6 > iPhone 3G
  13. JazJon's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by mszatny View Post
    I seem to have Navizon set up properly, but I am getting "No Location found"

    I check the Navizon coverage area and it shows several cell towers near my current location.

    Any ideas?

    MS

    Is that error in Navizon or Google Maps?
  14. mszatny's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    Is that error in Navizon or Google Maps?
    Sorry, this error is in Navizon.
    <img src="http://users.netropolis.net/mszatny/pics/bevo.gif" border=0>
    The Woodlands, TX

    Palm Pro > PalmIII > Visor Prism w/Omnisky>SPCS Treo300 > SPCS Treo600 >
    SPCS Treo650 > CNG Treo650 > Copper Treo680 > ATT Treo750 WM6 > iPhone 3G
  15. JazJon's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #35  
    No Locatoin found........
    http://www.navizon.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1488

    You said that Navizon reports that you have data in your area though so I'm not sure. Can you try shutting off 3G? Are you on WM6 pre-leaked or official/final rom? Did you reset the device today yet?

    hmmm, I cant think of anything else, You'll have to post your question on the navizon forum.
  16. mszatny's Avatar
    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    494 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    No Locatoin found........
    http://www.navizon.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1488

    You said that Navizon reports that you have data in your area though so I'm not sure. Can you try shutting off 3G? Are you on WM6 pre-leaked or official/final rom? Did you reset the device today yet?

    hmmm, I cant think of anything else, You'll have to post your question on the navizon forum.
    - shut off 3G but still No Location using only GPRS/EDGE
    - Using Aussie 3 WM6 ROM
    - yes, reset a couple of times today to get Navizon working
    <img src="http://users.netropolis.net/mszatny/pics/bevo.gif" border=0>
    The Woodlands, TX

    Palm Pro > PalmIII > Visor Prism w/Omnisky>SPCS Treo300 > SPCS Treo600 >
    SPCS Treo650 > CNG Treo650 > Copper Treo680 > ATT Treo750 WM6 > iPhone 3G
  17. #37  
    while I understand that this is a cool feature, what exactly is the point of GPS if it thinks you are 2 to 4 blocks from where you actually are?

    Don't get me wrong, I will probably check this out once I get states-side just to say "look what my phone can do!!" only to snatch it away before someone realizes the location is wrong, I just don't see this as a functional, productive tool if the location isn't accurate.
  18. JazJon's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
       #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    while I understand that this is a cool feature, what exactly is the point of GPS if it thinks you are 2 to 4 blocks from where you actually are?
    Well for one, I'm not going to keep an external GPS charged and ready to go. (too lazy) this sloppy fake gps is good enough for when I'm in a new city on vacation. I can pull up google maps and know exactly what food places are in the general area. (or anything else for that matter) It's also close enough to where you can pan around and navigate the old fashioned way looking at the actual map. (as long as it's only 4 blocks off I can manage to find it) The fact that his is built in my phone ready to go is nice. You can whip up directions and at least you don't have to bother inputing the starting address. too. (just follow the step by step directions the old mapquest way using odometer per turn, or just watching street signs) If the 750 had WiFi it would be better but we don't so oh well. Navizon even pays MONEY if you pass by access points etc.
    http://www.navizon.com/navizon_rewards.asp

    If anyone wants real external bluetooth GPS they make a cute little keychain sized one.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=Freed...+Bluetooth+GPS
    Last edited by JazJon; 12/18/2007 at 07:24 PM.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    Well for one, I'm not going to keep an external GPS charged and ready to go. (too lazy) this sloppy fake gps is good enough for when I'm in a new city on vacation. I can pull up google maps and know exactly what food places are in the general area. (or anything else for that matter) It's also close enough to where you can pan around and navigate the old fashioned way looking at the actual map. (as long as it's only 4 blocks off I can manage to find it) The fact that his is built in my phone ready to go is nice. You can whip up directions and at least you don't have to bother inputing the starting address. too. (just follow the step by step directions the old mapquest way using odometer per turn, or just watching street signs) If the 750 had WiFi it would be better but we don't so oh well. Navizon even pays MONEY if you pass by access points etc.
    http://www.navizon.com/navizon_rewards.asp

    If anyone wants real external bluetooth GPS they make a cute little keychain sized one.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=Freed...+Bluetooth+GPS
    the walking in a new city and looking for nearby POIs is reason enough to justify it I knew someone had a good reason!
  20. #40  
    mszatny, did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same symptoms as you. Tried both G and U networks, and neither work... I'm showing decent coverage in my home area.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions