1.    #1  
    I just sold my 680, and after going back and forth, trying to decide what to get next, I settled on the 750. My criteria was 3g, better camera, entertainment.

I am familar with windows mobile, although I haven't used 6.0 yet, so I am looking forward to that, nor have I used the Palm Special sauce.

I am reading all the stickies but I just a few questions as await the arrival, hopefully by Tues.

How does the email App compare to the Treo Email app or Versamail? Are there any other options?

What about the media player, how robust is it? Are there good third party options?

What is the Palm Special Sauce, where wil I see the changes that they have made?

About the wifi, is it really even needed with 3g data speeds?

Coming from a long time Palm user (back to the PalmPilot Pro, Treo since Nov 06), what are going to be the biggest sore spots for me?

Man, I hate waiting!!
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    The 750 doesn't have WiFi, Mark. The 3G does a good job of making it unneccesary, though.

Email is thorugh the standard outlook-like WM client, not bad, and it now supports HTML email. The media player is OK, a bit of a resource hog, but it does what it need to do for MP3 playback, etc.

Palm tweaked the Today Screen to include speed dial and a google search box, both nice touches.
  3.    #3  
    I meant the add on wifi card, is that worth the purchase?

Also, with Podcasts, are they supported with WMP, or do I need a third party app?
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I use MortPlayer for my casts and music needs
    I moved from a TYTN. I always enjoyed the treo 650 but it was a rest machine. I just say that the treo 750 is great!. Most Blackberry users are jealous and the programs are solid. I have had no serious problems with it. Maybe a soft reset every several weeks because it hangs and freezes. But hell, it is a small device and most people go crazy and load every shotcut, homescreen plug in, and every other piece of warez of freeware. If have all good software from SBSH and SPD. It might be a little expensive of front but you will not regret it. XDA has some add ons if you are not interest in flashing it. I still have the orginal at&t wm5 rom. I added the hspda hack and it is my opinion one of the best phones I have bought. Just don't use voice command. Stay away from warez and freeware unless it has a lot of postive reviews. Don't fill it full of programs you probably won't use. It will treat you right!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    Here's my story - I do several different things with my life, and the Treo 750 has made all of those things just a little bit better.

I'm a computer systems consultant - own a small consulting firm, 5 of us. I'm also a professional musician, and I co-publish a college sports magazine. At various times, these different endeavors certainly require me to be on the phone a lot, travel to new locations, keep up with e-mail, handle musical activities, do interviews, take photos, etc.

Used to be when I hit the road, in addition to my laptop and my saxes and phone, I'd also be lugging a digital audio recorder, a digital camera, a digital music tuner, and a digital metronome, along with a cellular access network card for the laptop, because you just can't find wi-fi everywhere. With the treo, I can use internet sharing over bluetooth, and my laptop is online as long as cell service is available, wi-fi or not. I run Audacity which allows the Treo to act as a digital audio recorder, obviously the phone has a camera, there are programs available called Tune!It, and K-Metronome which handle my musical needs, so in short, the Treo has become my electronic swiss army knife.

I also added another program - can't recall who did it right now - that allowed me to program the Treo as a universal remote to replace the 5 controllers that used to run my home theater.

Agree with the advice to stay away from the freeware and warez, and ALWAYS make sure that everything is still working right after you add a new software program and before you add the next one, because you never know where a conflict will arise, and it's easier to troubleshoot if you only have to step back one level. A lot of programs seem to interfere with the service led on the 750, so a good test is to run your new program, and while it's running, go into the wireless manager and shut off the phone, then turn it on again and make sure that it connects back up to the network and does not hang, or leave the service led flashing.

Opera mobile is a great upgrade over PIE which is included, and well worth the price - allows fingertip scrolling (idiotPhone style) - only thing missing is the zoom, but I much prefer the 3G speeds. My SanDisk 6G miniSD holds everything I could ever want (be careful about loading too much into program memory - I was using Google Maps with my GPS receiver when it was in program memory on a long trip, and after a certain number of maps loaded, the phone experienced memory problems. Solution was to move Google Maps to the storage card where I had plenty of room.

Anyway, enjoy. If you like electronic devices, you are going to love the treo.
    Welcome to the Treo 750 community.

The key think about the wifi card to consider is that if you are using it, then any programs you may have installed on a miniSD storage card will be unavailable for use. This may not be a bad thing, since my assumption would be if you are using the wifi card you are primarily on the internet.

However, consider that as many people have noted above, you really want to be very picky about what software you install in main memory. Stick to software that you absolutely must have access to in the case of the storage card failing or being unavailable (if you are using a wifi card).

Someone above mentioned Opera mobile... I am a registered user. However, it is a *big* hunk of software. If you want to use Opera with a wifi card, you will have to install it in main memory... it will use up a chunk of it.

Another interesting alternative to Opera that I am currently evaluating is a Pocket Internet Explorer (PIE) Add-on called PIE Plus. It adds some of what Opera has to PIE, like tabs.

I also use Agenda One instead of the built-in Calendar/Contacts/Tasks apps (collectively known as Pocket Outlook)... it is kind of big, also. However, I have made the decision that I must always have access to it, so it goes in main memory.

All in all, the 750 is a pretty versatile little device that allows you to handle a lot of things in one electronics package. Only things missing in my mind is built-in wifi and built-in GPS... maybe this will be in the next Treo?

PM
    Last edited by Pump Meister; 12/15/2007 at 04:03 PM.
    Don't get TOO psyched!

Coming from a 680, WM is slower and more complex. But it is stable and does tons more. Allow yourself a learning curve, there are many shortcuts that will get you where you need to go just as fast as Palm OS, but you'll have to learn them first.

Examples:
    START button- P - (first letter of program): will get you to launch programs much faster.

START button- I- Internet
    " " -N- Outlook

You will get the point after a while. Don't let the complexity fool you, once you get rolling you won't look back!
  9.    #9  
    I am realistic about my expectations. Like I said, I have played with WinMo before, by wife had an ipaq for a few years before she dropped it and cracked the screen last summer.

I am looking forward to the 3g aand WinMo 6, which looks nice. I will give myself plenty of time to get to know the device, and have been reading all the tips and tricks.

The music apps look interesting, as I am learning the guitar, so that will be fun.

I just checked Fedex, and the phone got dropped off today!!! Come on 5:00!!!

Yes, I have a problem...
  10.    #10  
    Got my 750!!!! Much better build than the 680...

I like the interface a lot so far. The only issue I am having is setting up my email, but I started another thread about that.

This on is about the coolness that is the 750! I think I'm going to be happy for a long time!

Yes, I have a problem...