Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I am running WM6 on an AT&T Treo 750. I am unable to use Live Search or Windows Update, states there is a connection problem. Live Search worked fine on WM5. Not sure if this has anything to do with the connection settings pointed to an AT&T proxy. Anyone else experiencing connection issues with Live Search and/or know of a solution?

Also, on my Today screen, I have my inbox setup to show new messages, but when I click on the inbox, it fials to launch my inbox. I have to set-up a button key to launch my inbox. This worked fine on WM5 but not on WM6. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Wow, doesn't make any sense. I doubt they're related also.

Go to "wls.live.com" (no quotes of course) and download live search again. Maybe a bad install?

Windows Update will probably never work. Too bad

Not sure what to tell you about the inbox issue either. Did you install Windows Live?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    Wow, doesn't make any sense. I doubt they're related also.

Go to "wls.live.com" (no quotes of course) and download live search again. Maybe a bad install?

Windows Update will probably never work. Too bad

Not sure what to tell you about the inbox issue either. Did you install Windows Live?
    Thanks Pattycerts. Yes, I reinstalled Live search twice and still have a connection issue. I have not installed Windows Live. I opened a support email with Microsoft's Windows Mobile Group -- hopefulyl they may have some clues.
    Windows update and live search are both working fine for me - I'm using the generic WM6 though. I see absolutely zero need to go to the ATT Branded version.

I installed the proxy manager from another thread for the one thing that would give me reason to want the ATT release.
    I hate to say this, but hard reset seems necessary, at the very least. You may also want to re-flash the upgrade. The Live Search issue doesn't seem like a big deal, but the today-screen-inbox issue does
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    OK, I am going to do the hard reset. I will let you know how that goes!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    The hard reset corrected the Windows Live Search and Windows Update problem. I am now able to connect to those sites. I appreciate you putting me to that direction (sometimes you forget to "reboot" and can spend hours troubleshooting).

As for tapping on new messages on the Today screen to go into my inbox, that still doesn't work. I have just set up a menu key to get in. That's a weird one. Open for suggestions on that fix!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Some more info on the Inbox issue on the Today screen. When I have new messages, and the alert on the Today page shows 1 new message (for example), tapping on it does NOT work. However, after I manually go in and read the message and go back to the Today screen and then it reads "no unread emails" and I tap on it, the inbox is launched. Weird, eh?