Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I noticed that my 500v couldn't open Office 2007 documents, which is surprising as I thought all WM6 phones had Office Mobile 6.1 which supports this feature.

I found the update on the Microsoft site, but when I tried installing it it says that is is the wrong language version for my device!

Has anyone found a fix for this? I use Office 2007 all the time and I'd really like to use the files on my 500v.
    Office 2007 documents are in a new XML format. Most of the current WM6 phones out in time for Christmas dont yet have this update for Office Mobile so Microsoft are relying on web delivery. My guess is that MSFT will fix the bug you mentioned and have it available soon.
    Hello guys new to the forums but am a frequent browser,
    Start, Main Menu,Settings,More,More,Regional Settings change your language to US English.

Reboot you device install the program I am currently using the new office mobile a lot.
    If I get the 800w, I will no doubt be browsing here often. Of course 10 years of PalmOS experience will be down the drain.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnoelziexx View Post
    Hello guys new to the forums but am a frequent browser,
    Start, Main Menu,Settings,More,More,Regional Settings change your language to US English.

Reboot you device install the program I am currently using the new office mobile a lot.
    Thanks, that's brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?

I now have Office 6.1 running nicely on my Treo 500v.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    Thanks, that's brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?

I now have Office 6.1 running nicely on my Treo 500v.
    No problem Stig the 500v is a good little device just wish they would have put a faster cpu in there. Apart from that one of the best Palm devices I have owned.
    Is this the only current update for the 500v? I have looked at the Palm website and there are zero software updates for this phone. I dont even think there is a firmware available to convert a 500v into a plain 500.
    Thanks in advance
    It includes support for rich reviewing and minor editing capabilities as well as support for rights-managed documents.