1.    #1  
    Found this earlier. Grabbed it just to see if I liked it. Does pretty well on the square screen, although it's not really a great stylus-free WM5 app.

Still, free is good.

http://software.pocketpcthoughts.com...ct.asp?id=9689

Who doesn't want free software? For one day only, Agendus and MobiHand (the company that powers our software store) have teamed up Pocket PC Thoughts to offer all of you a great piece of software for the low, low price of free. Wink Use the coupon code AGENDUSWMFREE when checking out, and bingo bango, the $19.95 price becomes zero. It doesn't get much easier than that! If you're a Smartphone, err, Windows Mobile Classic owner, you can get the same deal over at our sister site, Smartphone Thoughts.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Thanks!!! Not sure if I am going to use it but never hurts to have it on file!!!
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Got it. Thanks. It's worth playing with (especially for the price!).
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, actually I wasn't that impressed with it at first, but after configuring it, I think I'll keep it for a while. I removed Diary from my system to minimize today screen plugins, and had been looking for a similar replacement that I could launch. Agendus seems to fit the bill there.

Also, since I'm on a UPX kick, it went from 2.3mb to something like ~700k. Nice.
    END OF LINE
    I somehow missed this yesterday. Can anyone send me a copy somehow? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Me too please. I can't believe I missed this.
    I'm going to be the voice of unpopular reason.
    They offered this as a one day free download.
    If you missed it (I did) you lose.

Asking via pm for a copy of it, imo is tantamount to sharing illegal copies of software. Think not? Why PM for it then, why not post the app as an attachment. This isn't some shareware or freeware app. It's an app that was developed at a considerable cost.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Unfortunately, the app also installs with a unique ID code in the device that you need to apply for an activation code, and it is (as far as I know) different for each device, so there is not an 'activated' file to send anyone.

The bottom line I guess is this....short of creating a registration generating program (hacking), I don't think we can share it when the free time os over.

I wish we could, I wouldn't see the problem otherwise, an app that does not need an activation code is basically freeware anyway.
    littlewaywelt:

I totally understand your point of pm'ing for it, and never considered doing so. Who's talking about illegal copies - if I wanted to be secretive about, I would've simply pm'ed someone about. Not knowing how it was offered (if I knew, I wouldn't be asking for it), I couldn't know the registration process. It seems to me you're getting on me about this a little prematurely. I'm all about reason.

Thanks for explaining it for me syrguy1969.
    asking for someone to send you a copy of expensive software that was given away free on a single day after the fact is tantamount (IMO) to asking for an illegal copy. Do you think the company intended for ppl to share the free copy?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    <sigh> Boy am I glad this is just your opinion. I tend to think more like syrguy. Have a good day.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Yeah, actually I wasn't that impressed with it at first, but after configuring it, I think I'll keep it for a while.
    Agreed. This is interesting (thanks to you). I'm playing with it. I like to keep things as trim as possible (probably a hold-over from having a "w" for a year), but this doesn't seem to draw many resources at all. A great find. Thanks again.
    I agree with littlewaywelt. You are asking for an illegal copy.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    Agreed. This is interesting (thanks to you). I'm playing with it. I like to keep things as trim as possible (probably a hold-over from having a "w" for a year), but this doesn't seem to draw many resources at all. A great find. Thanks again.
    It is a pretty light little app - launches a little slow (but I have such ridiculous standards anyway, and that could be my fault) but I'm definitely enjoying it now that I've configured it to work with just the screen views I need. I, too am constantly trying to keep my installs to a minimum just for the peace of mind of knowing I'm doing all I can to keep my Treo humming. But when something adds value, the scales tilt the other way...

You're welcome. Glad you like it. Free stuff rules.
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    It is a pretty light little app - launches a little slow (but I have such ridiculous standards anyway, and that could be my fault) but I'm definitely enjoying it now that I've configured it to work with just the screen views I need. I, too am constantly trying to keep my installs to a minimum just for the peace of mind of knowing I'm doing all I can to keep my Treo humming. But when something adds value, the scales tilt the other way...

You're welcome. Glad you like it. Free stuff rules.
    How does this compare with Agenda One? I'm interested in both the graphics and 5-way functionality.
  16.    #16  
    Honestly, I couldn't tell you, as I've never used Agenda One. Perhaps someone else could offer some insight. I can tell you this, however, while 5-way functionality is present in Agendus, it's not rock-solid - as in a tap-and-hold doesn't work with the center button, which is kind of lame, but it's only an extra button press or two to do what you need to. Still, I'd rather it just work.

But for the low, low price of free, I'm not really caring too much.
    END OF LINE