1.    #1  
    Greetings All,

I have a T700p and have thought about switching to the Windows version. Has anyone have thoughts about that? Also I was in a Verizon store and they said I have to use Outlook, true? I ask because I never used outlook and I have it loaded on my XP but when I did to take a look at it it won't run. Say's I need Outlook Express V4.5 or higher. Well I have v7 and I've tried re-loading with no luck. So do I have to use OUtlook?

How do you like 750w over the 750p if you used both.

Thanks!

Evan
    Last edited by evan2000; 12/11/2007 at 01:46 PM.
    The phone will come w/a CD that has outlook on it I believe, so don't worry about that.

You need to correct your model numbers so we know what you're talking about also BTW
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    The phone will come w/a CD that has outlook on it I believe, so don't worry about that.
    I don't want to make the move till I know it will work for sure...
  4.    #4  
    No thoughts.. ?
    I have used both devices many times over since there launch. Let me ask you this. What sparked your interest in going to the 700wx over the 700p? Something new to you?, Something for work?, etc. Knowing your usage and needs / wants will help us guide you.
    Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6600 (Sprint) >Treo 650 (Sprint) > PPC-6700 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (sprint) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Motorola Q (Verizon) > Treo 700w (Verizon) > XV6700 (Verizon) > Treo 700p (Sprint) > Treo 700wx > Blackberry 8703e > Dash > HTC 3125 > Treo 700wx > Motorola Q > HTC Hermes 8525 > Blackberry 8800 > Blackberry Curve > Treo 750 > Ubiquio 503g > Iphone > Wing > TyTn II > Q9 Global > Tilt > Ubiquio 503g
  6.    #6  
    Hi, I'm a WinXP user. Been on Palm Treo from day one. Heard that things may move away from Palm in a few years. And just wondering if there is any advantage.

-E
    Coupla things...

"Outlook" is not "Microsoft Outlook". Windows Treos require Microsoft Outlook and will not work with Outlook Express.

Also, Microsoft Outlook usually ships in the box with Windows Treos. Although I have heard that on certain new models it may not (not sure). In any case you can purchase Microsoft Outlook for a nominal fee (seems like it's around 100 bucks).

It does work good.

The reason Windows Treos require Microsoft Outlook is because the Treo Calendar uses the same format as Microsoft Outlook. All by design.

-Frank
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Coupla things...

"Outlook" is not "Microsoft Outlook". Windows Treos require Microsoft Outlook and will not work with Outlook Express.

Also, Microsoft Outlook usually ships in the box with Windows Treos. Although I have heard that on certain new models it may not (not sure). In any case you can purchase Microsoft Outlook for a nominal fee (seems like it's around 100 bucks).

It does work good.

The reason Windows Treos require Microsoft Outlook is because the Treo Calendar uses the same format as Microsoft Outlook. All by design.

-Frank
    My problem is my MS Outlook is NOT working. When I go to run it it says I need Outlook Express 4.5 or later and I have v7 loaded. So I'm worried that I can't use a T700w because I can't get Outlook to work on my XP system.

-E
    Quote Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
    My problem is my MS Outlook is NOT working. When I go to run it it says I need Outlook Express 4.5 or later and I have v7 loaded. So I'm worried that I can't use a T700w because I can't get Outlook to work on my XP system.

-E
    Your problem is with your computer then. It should be working. I'm at a loss because you say you get an error from "Microsoft Outlook" advising you to upgrade your "Outlook Express"? This comes under the heading of "that's not possible". But... who knows...

-Frank