Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I am sooo new to this. I will be purchasing a Treo 750 w/in the next month. I chose this primarily because I intend to use it mostly as a PDA for medical programs I want to download from the website Handango and the added bonus of having a phone is a plus. I am with AT&T service. Here are my questions:
    1) Do I need a data plan in order to downlowd programs to this device and if so which one is best?
    2) When I download programs does it go on the device or do I need a special mini SD card to hold all the programs I want to download?
    3) I would like to occasionally check the internet. Do I need a data plan or can I either just get a basic media access thru AT&T or instead just purchase the mini SD wifi card that is available and not have to pay the 30 or 40 extra a month with AT&T for their Data access just for occassional useage.
    4) Do you recommend any special programs to download to make my PDA useful and not lose any programs I will be downloading?

Thanks to anyone who can help. This is the first PDA phone for me.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    1. Nope. You can download most programs to your PC and either install them from there or transfer them to your Treo and then load them.

That being said, I highly recommend a data plan, if only to make use of the great e-mail and (so-so) Internet capabilities. Which one is best depends on how you'll be using it. I use about 40-50 megabytes a month with my 750. My wife uses less than 5 with her 680.

2. Generally, it's better to load apps to your Treo, but many will work from the mini SD card.

3. Your call. See No. 1. I have both, but the wi-fi card is kind of a pain.

4. Anything from SPB Software House. Specifically, SPB Backup, SPB Mobile Shell and SPB Pocket Plus.

Quote Originally Posted by taz4156 View Post
    I am sooo new to this. I will be purchasing a Treo 750 w/in the next month. I chose this primarily because I intend to use it mostly as a PDA for medical programs I want to download from the website Handango and the added bonus of having a phone is a plus. I am with AT&T service. Here are my questions:
    1) Do I need a data plan in order to downlowd programs to this device and if so which one is best?
    2) When I download programs does it go on the device or do I need a special mini SD card to hold all the programs I want to download?
    3) I would like to occasionally check the internet. Do I need a data plan or can I either just get a basic media access thru AT&T or instead just purchase the mini SD wifi card that is available and not have to pay the 30 or 40 extra a month with AT&T for their Data access just for occassional useage.
    4) Do you recommend any special programs to download to make my PDA useful and not lose any programs I will be downloading?

Thanks to anyone who can help. This is the first PDA phone for me.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Thank you. The info was very helpful.