1.    #1  
    I was just wondering if there are any extra fees associated with using your treo 750 as a modem with AT&T.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    No - just whatever charges normally apply to data. AT&T will tell you that you must have a PDA data plan and not a "media" plan.
    There is an additional plan for using your treo as a modem with your laptop, I think it's around $60 a month. I talked to a guy I used to work with who now works for AT&T and asked him about it. He said there is really no way for them to tell if you are using it as a modem unless you download an obscene amount of data. He said if you are just loging on and checking a few things, it shouldn't raise any flags. But if you get on there and start downloading huge files, there may be a problem. Make sure you have the unlimited data plan, otherwise you will get a huge bill.
    AT&T Treo 750 Locked official WM6 update
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I see no such additional plan. The data plan I am on is "PDA Personal Unlimited with 1500 messages" at $39.95. To the best of my knowledge, this allows tethering. If I had a "MediaMax" plan, that does not allow tethering (in the sense that the plan terms disallow it, it is still technically feasible.)

Now, there are different plans for "broadband connect" PC cards. For those, AT&T assumes that you're going to be a heavy data user and they charge more. But they assume that you are not continuously tethering (and I do this only sometimes while traveling.)
    Looks like they changed the plan since last time I looked at it. Now the entry package with tethering is $84: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...onal-plans.jsp The top of the page clearly states PDA and Smartphones so I don't think this has anything to do with Broadband Connect. It also has this description:
    *Tethering enables you to connect your wireless device to your laptop via Bluetooth or a connection cable. Certain usage restrictions may apply. See Explanation of Rates and Charges for details.
    The zip code I used was for Bellevue Washington. Like I said though, if you are just doing it once in a while to check email and what not you shouldn't need it but I would recomend a package that has unlimited data just to be safe.
    AT&T Treo 750 Locked official WM6 update