1.    #1  
    hi everyone!

i need help please....for some reason i can't view my videos, pics & other files when i sync my treo 750 with my computer. i can only view everything on my phone. do you think i have a defective mini sd card? i tried to plug it in too to external sd card slots and it doesn't read it. i don't know what could be the problem here...please help.

thanks!
    D
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I have had difficulty reading miniSD cards on a PC (even using the supplied adapter). However, I also had more trouble with a PQI-brand miniSD card on my Treo where it would disappear frequently. A SanDisk card behaves better.

Can you use the Explore button in ActiveSync to view the files?
    I didn't even know that was possible; I always have to copy files to my PC and then view/open them.
  4.    #4  
    I'm actually using 2GB Sandisk minisd. I did try using Explore button in ActiveSync to view but it'll only view the files but it I won't have a choice to open it. I tried copying it and that didn't work either...**arrgh**
    D
  5.    #5  
    really? but then can you take it out the phone and plug it in to minisd slot on the PC and then read or view it there just like one of those regular size digital camera sd card?
    D
  6. umc
    Quote Originally Posted by koolerd View Post
    I'm actually using 2GB Sandisk minisd. I did try using Explore button in ActiveSync to view but it'll only view the files but it I won't have a choice to open it. I tried copying it and that didn't work either...**arrgh**

That's normal, I can view the files on my SD card directly through my phone when I'm syncing but can't open them and that's because they're converted files for the phone. You would have to copy/convert them back to your PC to be able to open/view them on your PC.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks umc!
    but how do you do "copy/convert them back to PC "
    D
  8. umc
    The converting happens automatically when you copy them one way or the other (from or to the phone)

Just copy the files off of your phone to a folder or whatever and you will be able to use them.