1.    #1  
    There is a weird problem I am having after upgrading to official WM6. After a soft-reset, my start menu doesn't display the icons associated with programs that I have installed on my miniSD card. But when I go to settings->menu and first uncheck and then again check box next to one of the listed items, the icons reappear fine. Even if I copy paste a shortcut to start menu folder, the icons come back. Basically if they are forced to reload in any way, the icons get restored. Quite weird!!!
    I dont know if the problem had been there ever since my upgrade to WM6, but I started noticing it after installing the cab file from xda forums that restored the menu 'click' sound back in WM6. I was not sure earlier if it was happening to all or card installed programs only. So I installed some demos of programs to card and one to device itself and put their icons on the menu. After soft-reset, the programs that are on device itself, show their icons fine, but the ones that are on card only have a white box in front of them. I am including a screenshot. Blue arrows are programs that are sitting on device and red ones point to card installed programs.

Is there any solution for this problem other than hard-reset. Please help!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by prabhg; 12/10/2007 at 03:34 AM.
    I also confirm this as a problem. I use spb shell but have the same whited out icon on the mini sd card problem.

Carrier = AT&T
    OS = WM6 Generic Rom
    Device = Treo 750v

Thanks
    graylion
  3. umc
    Same problem here with the ATT 750 and the ATT WM6 ROM

mildly annoying but can live with it.
    what do you want to bet, that the OS attempts to retrieve the icons for the "start menu" before it mounts the storage card. I never mount apps on my storage card. I have 4 that I rotate around with different music and it would be a nightmare to keep straight.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    what do you want to bet, that the OS attempts to retrieve the icons for the "start menu" before it mounts the storage card. I never mount apps on my storage card. I have 4 that I rotate around with different music and it would be a nightmare to keep straight.
    Is there any way I could change a setting in WM6 to delay mounting of storage card.
  6.    #6  
    If I turn my phone radio off, and then restart the phone using soft-reset, the icons come back absolutely fine under start menu. But somehow phone radio is tampering with the proper loading of icon images for the softwares installed on the miniSD card onto start menu after a soft reset. Any ideas why??